Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM

22 posts, read 58,285 times

Advertisements

Hi all, my husband and I will be moving to the Nashville/Franklin area in mid-February and are looking for a daycare. Our son is 19 months old. Currently, we live in Austin, TX, and he goes to a wonderful multi-cultural daycare Mon-Thurs.

We're looking for something that is flexible (4 or 5 days a week), lunch provided is a plus, multi-cultural is a plus, clean, and preferably not an in-home daycare. However, if an in-home place does have excellent references we may consider.

We are hoping to find something in Franklin, but south/southwest Nashville may work as well. We'll be staying with my in-laws in the Green Hills area for a few weeks, but are hoping to find a place to rent in Franklin.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgersmomma View Post
Hi all, my husband and I will be moving to the Nashville/Franklin area in mid-February and are looking for a daycare. Our son is 19 months old. Currently, we live in Austin, TX, and he goes to a wonderful multi-cultural daycare Mon-Thurs.

We're looking for something that is flexible (4 or 5 days a week), lunch provided is a plus, multi-cultural is a plus, clean, and preferably not an in-home daycare. However, if an in-home place does have excellent references we may consider.

We are hoping to find something in Franklin, but south/southwest Nashville may work as well. We'll be staying with my in-laws in the Green Hills area for a few weeks, but are hoping to find a place to rent in Franklin.

Thanks so much!

what do you mean by "Multi cultural"?

There are a bunch of commercial daycares in Franklin that offer lunch. The one that comes to the top of my head is the Academy (there is one in McKay's Mill and one in Westhaven). It is very expensive.

There are also church based mother's day out programs but they are generally no more than 5 hours 2-3 days a week.

Any of the montessori schools in Green Hills/Nashville/Franklin will tend to have a strong multicultural component of the curriculum.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:04 AM

22 posts, read 58,285 times
Septimus, thanks for your post. Our son currently goes to the daycare program at the Asian American Cultural Center here in Austin. His teachers speak Chinese, Japanese, and English. His playmates are of many different cultures/backgrounds, so that's what I mean by multi-cultural. I know we most likely won't find anything just like it in Franklin. It's really one of the things we'll miss most about Austin.

We may have to look at a Montessori school. I will be working too much to just use a MDO program.

Thanks again for the info!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgersmomma View Post
Septimus, thanks for your post. Our son currently goes to the daycare program at the Asian American Cultural Center here in Austin. His teachers speak Chinese, Japanese, and English. His playmates are of many different cultures/backgrounds, so that's what I mean by multi-cultural. I know we most likely won't find anything just like it in Franklin. It's really one of the things we'll miss most about Austin.

We may have to look at a Montessori school. I will be working too much to just use a MDO program.

Thanks again for the info!

both montessori schools in Franklin offer mandarin. I know Montessori School of Franklin offers daily Spanish too. Unfortunately, they have to be 30 mos to start.

There is a temple off Old Hickory Blvd (I think it is called Mica) that has a daycare program.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:33 PM

5 posts, read 12,207 times
Hi,

Were you able to find a good one as mentioned above?
I'm also looking one for my 2.5 yrs old girl.

Thanks for sharing,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: