Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM

11 posts, read 32,635 times

Advertisements

Hi
I live in Chattanooga TN, but I use to stay in Nashville and Donelson on a normal basis. I attended school there in the early 80's and then again in 93 and 95

I was hoping maybe some kind folks living in the area of Nashville, would be kind enough to share some photo's of Nashville's past. Donelson TN Lebanon Hickory hollow area West Nashville near Charlotte pike Downtown nashville Any areas are great. anything from the past is fine the older the better.

Since the past is the key to our future, we should always remember it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,083 times
I don't personally have any to share, but the Tennessean has a good archive/slideshow online. I'll see if I can find it later today when I have a little time to dig.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM

11 posts, read 32,635 times
Thank you
I have been looking around and have found quite a few pics in and around Nashville from the past. I just can't seem to find many photo's of what Nashville was like during the 80's. My Mom was in Nashville in her younger days. She was there from the late 50's all through the 60's, then she moved away to the Chattanooga area, where we still are as of today. As I mentioned, I attended school there back in the early 80's and then again in the mid 90's. I have aunts and uncles that still live in West Nashville. They remained there when my mom decided to move here. Besides going to school when I was younger there, we would also go places in and around the nashville area quite often. I use to remember going to places like a dinosaur park, some sort of playhouse theatre- went there once to see a production of Hansel and gretel. I know i've got a pretty good memory of most of these things I did as a child, but some things are just too long in the past to remember details of where these places were. Perhaps the stage theatre I went to was the Childrens theatre, as it was in operation at that time in the early 80's, but i'm just not totally sure. And perhaps what I thought was called dinosaur park was actually the dragon park, but again I just don't know for sure. I do remember there being things made in the fashion of dinosaurs for us to play on at the park, if that is something similar to dragon park?? I can also remember when the Shelby Bridge was still open to traffic, back in the early 80's. What year did they turn it into pedestrian use only? I'd still love to see some pics of that time frame, when the bridge was still in operation. I could go on and on. Those are just some examples of the kinda things ya don't really find many photo's of when searching online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville