Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 AM

3 posts, read 15,643 times

Advertisements

Stay away from Antioch. I have lived in two apartment complexes in the last three years and have had my car broken into twice. I have seen alot of apartment burgeries and know of at least two apartment murders not to mention the high number of armed robberies. The police department doesn't patrol the apartments and little is done about the crimes. The projects near where I work are safer than Antioch. Check out this site and you will get a good idea of how bad it is. Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

What is your thoughts and experiences of and in Antioch.

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 06:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 09:01 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,081,351 times
Antioch, like most parts of town, has its plusses and minuses.
This topic has been beaten to death on this forum, and I doubt anyone is interested in joining your b*tchfest. I think you should try the [domain blocked due to spam].com forum, where you are free to write what you want.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,358,687 times
Cool story, brah.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Yea, heres the thing. Maybe it isn't beaten to death. Maybe someone will take notice and do something about it. Maybe if enought people get pissed off about the crime here maybe they will write to our sorry ass mayor and maybe he will get the police department to do something other than take reports and forget about it. If you think its been beaten to death then move on.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,358,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowthetrueth View Post
Yea, heres the thing. Maybe it isn't beaten to death. Maybe someone will take notice and do something about it. Maybe if enought people get pissed off about the crime here maybe they will write to our sorry ass mayor and maybe he will get the police department to do something other than take reports and forget about it. If you think its been beaten to death then move on.
No, I'm pretty sure it is.

Now I'm not saying that people in that area shouldn't be pressuring the mayor and the police to make the neighborhood safer. Are you a member of any neighborhood, resident or community associations? I think community involvement is the first step towards creating some positive action and turning things around. That's exactly why some of our inner city neighborhoods are starting to thrive. The residents got tired of the crime happening all around them...and they decided to make a difference.

As for the topic of Antioch on this forum...it is most certainly beaten to death. I think you should look through some of the older topics (use the advanced search tool ---> Nashville forum ---> search Antioch). You will find that it has been a thoroughly discussed topic.

Also, I'm not sure why you would start a topic asking the question "is crime high in Antioch Tennessee" and then proceed to answer your own question. You don't have a question. You have a gripe. A lot of us do. Don't pose it as a question.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending" Maria Robinson

Old 12-04-2011, 11:59 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,149,299 times
I heard that the sky fell their recently as well.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,149,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
I heard that the sky fell their recently as well.
Also, before someone points it out for me, I just realized that I replaced "there" with "their" in the above post. A rare grammatical misstep!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 AM

957 posts, read 3,704,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowthetrueth View Post
Yea, heres the thing. Maybe it isn't beaten to death. Maybe someone will take notice and do something about it.
What do you expect to do about it? Every area has spots with higher crime. Apartment complexes are a magnet for crime anyway regardless of what town/city they are in. If you don't want to experience crime, don't move to a high crime area. Antioch has good and bad. You chose the bad.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 AM

815 posts, read 2,023,539 times
What gives??? If you don't like Antioch move on... Residents and area council members are doing plenty to keep Antioch one of the safer areas of town. That's all that needs to be said, next topic please...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville