Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM

5 posts, read 8,010 times

Advertisements

Hello!

We are currently living in Nashville but are looking to move near Smyrna. I feel like searching for a place to rent in Smyrna is almost impossible online. The only 'safe' apartments are just out of reach from our budget (Verandas and Stone Ridge).

Is there a chance that there are houses, duplexes, etc. out there for around $700 a month? It will just be me and my fiance (no pets) and we are both doing the commute to and from Nashville and Murfreesboro throughout the week. We have looked on the west side of Murfreesboro, but would like to be a little closer to Nashville.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Is there somewhere close to I-24 that would be worth looking at (just areas of town that are considered safe would be helpful)? I am not familiar with Smyrna so wouldn't know where to start driving around neighborhoods, looking for signs. I have been there a couple of times and love the area...it's just so big I don't know where to start.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 12:28 PM

Drove around all day yesterday and found a place off Sam Ridley in the townhouses on Wolverine Court (in front of Lavernge High School) and also another townhouse (on same street as Smyrna High School).

Not too sure if I like the idea of living so close to a High School, any idea about traffic/crime in these areas of town? Anyone live in these areas?

There 2 other places off of Enon Springs W (Noel Rd & Mead Rd) but not too sure about that area of town. We are going back this week so any help would be useful!

Thanks.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:36 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
I don't know anything about the area but here is the crime mapping website. Go back at couple of months. I didn't see too much in the way of reported crime if that is what you are worried about. Not sure I would want to live near a high school either BUT at least you know there are teachers and personnel around, as opposed to living near an empty lot or field?

Crime Mapping - Building Safer Communities!

Just put an address or street in - and then change the dates to go back for 6 months or so ???

Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM

353 posts, read 1,001,012 times
The areas near both high schools are fairly safe. I haven't heard of any crimes in those areas, or at least any serious ones....

(BTW I am Smyrna resident..so ask away on any questions..)

Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 PM

CountryGirl - Thanks for the reply. that website is very helpful! I never thought about the plus side of living that close to a high school...and we can always go to football games on the weekends, ha.

WhyAmIHere - I am just a little nervous moving somewhere I'm not that familiar with but I'm really excited to explore Smyrna. Your reply makes me feel better about the move. I was shocked with all the awesome stuff that is there @ Sam Ridley. I am sure I will think up some questions here soon. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:10 AM

163 posts, read 582,784 times
I would also call real estate offices to see if they know of any houses for rent. I live in Smyrna also and I know there was one house for rent in our subdivision but it got rented probably within a week of the sign going up.

I love Smyrna! We moved here in November. I am from a small town so this was a big move for me but Smyrna is perfect. Small enough not to be overwhelming yet big enough that is has alot to choose from. And I feel very safe here. We have a 3 year old so that was a big concern for us. We usually go walking around the block around 7pm and sometimes at the greenways, and never once feel unsafe.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Thanks for all the advice everyone. We are still looking to move to Smyrna, but haven't really found anything we love right now. Since we are renting month to month we decided to just stick around Nashville until we find something we're looking for.

We currently live in a really great area in Nashville for $600 a month...we found out quick that $700-$850 is what we are looking at in Smyrna, which is in our budget. Any other ideas of where to look or head ups on rentals would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-27-2011, 08:48 PM

164 posts, read 398,289 times
There tends to be lots of traffic around schools, during school hours. Would you or your fiance be home during those hours? Usually between 7 to 7:30 a.m. and 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. If you are traveling before or after those hours you are o.k.

My husband and I liked Smyrna but settled in Murfreesboro. He works from home and I didn't have a job when we moved here .

One suggestion, I saw one of those rental magazines in the grocery store the other day. You could come to Smyrna and pick one up. Found it to be a good resource for different apt. complexes.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:44 AM

49 posts, read 173,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccitybelle View Post
Drove around all day yesterday and found a place off Sam Ridley in the townhouses on Wolverine Court (in front of Lavernge High School) and also another townhouse (on same street as Smyrna High School).

Not too sure if I like the idea of living so close to a High School, any idea about traffic/crime in these areas of town? Anyone live in these areas?

There 2 other places off of Enon Springs W (Noel Rd & Mead Rd) but not too sure about that area of town. We are going back this week so any help would be useful!

Thanks.

Dont stay anything near lavergne.

and Symrna is south of Sam ridely, anything north of Sam Ridely is lavergne

and no its will be hard to find a house for $700 out here. I pay $950 for 3 bedroom 2 bath house about 900 square feet

Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 AM

49 posts, read 173,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccitybelle View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone. We are still looking to move to Smyrna, but haven't really found anything we love right now. Since we are renting month to month we decided to just stick around Nashville until we find something we're looking for.

We currently live in a really great area in Nashville for $600 a month...we found out quick that $700-$850 is what we are looking at in Smyrna, which is in our budget. Any other ideas of where to look or head ups on rentals would be appreciated. Thanks!
There is plenty of rental websites that have Smyrna homes. Thats how I found mine. Do a search on google Smyrna home rentals or I can give you a number to my landlord. He has like 40 homes and he aid some he cant rent out due to economy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville