Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times

Advertisements

Walked around Green Hills mall yesterday to get a bit of exercise but it was a little boring. Might do Cool Springs today. I am NOT a heat person.

Was trying to think of things to do when it's hot . . these would be indoor activities with some movement involved. Going to the movies is good but I would like something a bit more 'active'. Would love to go see the trains at Cheekwood but it's GOTTA be cooler for me to do that.

Last night I took the garbage out at 9 and it was 85 with a heat index of 91.

So far, my favorite place this summer is the big walk in cooler at Costco.

You can mention the waterparks but I think I'm too old . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
Walking around Opryland Hotel is an option too

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,167 times
Have you ever been to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum | Nashville, TN » Country Music Hall of Fame

It is 100 percent air conditioned and if you are into the history of the entertainment industry you might really enjoy it.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:20 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
The Frist has a promising looking exhibit of Andy Warhol's art...I'm actually going this weekend to check that out. And 100% air conditioned. For that matter, visit the Parthenon...I'm sure the basement is air conditioned and there's usually some pretty good art there, the upper area with the Athena statue is probably a/c'd. And there's the beleaguered Stieglitz collection at Fisk University. Some great art there, but who knows how long it will be there.

Visit the downtown Nashville Library. It's amazingly large and a welcome addition to the area. Be sure to climb the steps (or take the elevator) to the top floor and visit the Grand Reading Room. The 2nd Floor usually has some interesting historical exhibits in the balcony overlooking the main floor, and there's also lots of first edition/historical books there on that floor as well. If you have kids, take them to the marionette show there in the children's area. Always a hit.

You could download a map of the stars' homes map and plug in the address into your GPS and drive around to see how the rich and famous live.

Visit a locally owned ice cream shop. I like Pied Piper Creamery...they have a location in East Nashville and Berry Hill.

I'll post more as I think about it...

Old 07-29-2011, 11:35 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
Thanks all . . keep 'em coming!

Don, been to the Warhol exhibit. Really had fun. Do NOT miss the "balloon room". Thinking about turning my guest room into one . . . . .

Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,167 times
Don. I love your ideas. Warhol, the library, and a stars home tour.
I did a stars home tour on a bus with my Mom when I was a tiny little kid and loved it (the only house I can actually remember is that of Tammy Wynette which I think was down Franklin Rd but don't quote me on that one).

Old 07-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Thanks all . . keep 'em coming!

Don, been to the Warhol exhibit. Really had fun. Do NOT miss the "balloon room". Thinking about turning my guest room into one . . . . .
Cool...I'm really looking forward to it. The Frist has had some great exhibits this year...the Orsee exhibit, the Vishnu exhibit, and now Warhol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful View Post
Don. I love your ideas. Warhol, the library, and a stars home tour.
I did a stars home tour on a bus with my Mom when I was a tiny little kid and loved it (the only house I can actually remember is that of Tammy Wynette which I think was down Franklin Rd but don't quote me on that one).
Thanks!

I've never done one of the star bus tours, but I see them every now and then. One of these days I'm going to be a tourist and get on one.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:57 PM

Thought of something else to check out...go to Las Paletas in 12South for their gourmet popsicles. Tasty stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville