Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 13,021 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am currently pursuing my MBA at the University of Louisville and upon graduation this September I will be relocating to Nashville, TN. I would love to find a position in healthcare (I was an undergraduate Marketing major with International Business minor but I am open to other fields as well. In my current position I work in Purchasing and Logistics...), however, I am not sure where to start. I have limited work experience (I got my MBA right out of Undergrad and only worked full time for a little over a year now)
I have tried monster, indeed, careerbuilder, all those sites but after submitting at least 20 applications i still haven't gotten a response back.
I would like advice on where I should start looking, how to start networking and finding the right people who can help me out. (Please keep in mind that I live 3 hours from Nashville so networking at social events is unfortunately only an option for me on the weekends.)
Also would you recommend using headhunters and if so who would be the best to contact?
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and i look forward to getting some good advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,579,074 times
Most recruiters/headhunters place experienced professionals. In any market, but this one in particular, it is unlikely a recruiter could place you because clients won't pay the fee for an entry level person.

I would work with your career services and reach out to alums of both your undergrad and mba program and ask for informational telephone interviews to start the networking process.

Also, as much as you want to be in Nashville, you might have better luck getting a job at Humana, putting a couple years in and then being recruited to Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville