Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,300,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
yes. we should be teaching the history of all groups. What is wrong about adding the story of Harvey Milk into a discussion of the 1970s in history class?

I also find it ridiculous that states like AZ have tried to stop the study of Mexican American history in its schools.
I find it even more ridiculous when people have to lie about the actual content of a law in order to puff their case against it.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 AM

722 posts, read 2,102,957 times
I am happy to have schools teach kids about the achievements of "alternative lifestyle" people but I dont see why they cant just be lauded as great Americans rather than having to subset that they are gay. This is one of the problems I find with the country these days. We are Americans not hyphen Americans. The liberals are using the divide and conquer to pit group against group when government is the real problem, not the solution in most cases.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,693,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
yes. we should be teaching the history of all groups. What is wrong about adding the story of Harvey Milk into a discussion of the 1970s in history class?

I also find it ridiculous that states like AZ have tried to stop the study of Mexican American history in its schools.
never heard of Harvey Milk. And personally until we are allowed to have white american month i dont think we should have any other month. We should all just be Americans and be happy with that everyday.

Just wondering, though, what history months have to do with homophobia in nashville

Old 05-23-2011, 11:10 AM

13,359 posts, read 40,018,556 times
OK the OP's question has been answered more than sufficiently, and the rest of this discussion has taken a turn that is not Nashville-specific and is more appropriate for the Politics and Other Controversies forum. This thread is now closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville