Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM

43 posts, read 76,634 times

Advertisements

good suggestion. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM

25 posts, read 29,353 times
You can find homes under $200,000 but beware, they go quickly! The inventory of homes are low so the demand is high right now which means the prices of homes are at an all time high. A home can have multiple offers or a cash buyer/investor swoops in and gets the home. It's very competitive but it is doable.

You can go to the following website to find a home www.realtor.com and the website that CountryGirl2B is an excellent one as well.

Good Luck in your search.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:28 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,017,173 times
As the other posters have said, anything close to downtown within 200k that's move in ready will go very fast, likely within the day is comes on the market. I would look farther out, especially if you want good schools. Murfreesboro, Mt. Juliet and Spring hill are all good suggestions. Or you could go north to hendersonville. I would advise checking out all those areas if you can come down and visit. I do feel like the more diverse areas are closer to nashville but it gets much more expensive housing-wise as you go toward downtown, and the schools generally aren't as good. My wife is from Chicago and we visit there relatively often to see her family. Good luck on your move.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:46 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
I'll add Redfin.com was a great resource in our home searching recently. Not sure why but they seemed to have the most up-to-the-minute listing information and have a very good app and email notification system to assist your searches.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:18 AM

39 posts, read 80,450 times
Did you get enough useful info on this? Just curious as I'm in almost the exact same position as you asking the same question. My wife is sold on Tennessee but I am not. Looks like the Nashville burbs may be good for me as far as work/commute, but I'm not seeing enough in terms of things to do outside of national parks and country music.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,377 times
Where do homes for under 200k exist at in Mt. Juliet? I've not been able to find any that have not been bid up past 200k. OP, Murfreesboro, Gallatin, Lebanon, Smyrna, LaVergne, Columbia, Springfield should all have lots of options in the 200k range.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:35 PM

38 posts, read 70,870 times
Raenycole,
I moved to Hendersonville (Northeast suburb of Nashville) about 6 months ago. I'm conservative and most of the people I've met are conservative. As far as being an interracial family; I have been pleasantly surprised at how many interracial couple and families are in this area. I came from Northern CA, where most people think the south would be a terrible place to be interracial. I don't see it. There are more integrated interracial couples here than I ever saw in CA. I think you would fit in fine.

As far as a $200,000 house budget. If you find a home in your price range you'll need to quickly buy.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:48 AM

27 posts, read 22,686 times
I too am from Chicago and looking to relocate, houses are being torn down and rebuilt for almost 2 million in my neighborhood, it's ridiculous around here. School is on top of our list. I have my eye on Sango, which is a suburb(?) of Clarksville. They have great schools, and from what I've read it's a pretty nice area.

Good luck with your search!

Old 12-25-2017, 07:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,212 times
Merry Christmas! ��
I’m new to this site and don’t even know how to retrieve answer to my only post from a few weeks ago...oops ��. But noticed conversation regarding “getting out of dodge from Chicago”, well sort of. And relocating to Nashville! This would be me too, as it is time. I took a drive last week and unfortunately only had time to see one complex , Music City Flats. Wasn’t impressed, dry industrial surrounding, almost lonely and blah. Model unit very small, very low ceilings, unleveled floors. Wire empty like body shops surrounding. I will say gentleman that helped me was very nice and sent me to a nice bbq joint . Mentioned Gulch area upcoming? Certainly can’t afford downtown area , phew. And traffic , thought I was back home! Affordable, max $900, give or take few bucks. Was also
Told need a car? I didn’t see reg bus stops at all.

Spoke to attendant at hotel and mentioned stay away from the east side of Nashville?? Recommended Hermitage area? Any suggestions for a single adult woman with pup? I don’t need have to be in the heart of downtown, as I’m a homebody. But this move is abrubt and I don’t know anyone in Nashville. I’ve already started looking for work (any suggestions)? HR, Recruiting, administration, CSR, etc?

I
Appreciate any suggestions /ideas. Thank you all!

Old 12-25-2017, 07:43 AM

3 posts, read 3,212 times
Default Relocating from Chicago to Nashville -safe&affordable areas?

Merry Christmas !🎄
Please bare with me, as I’m knew to this site and have only posted two other messages.

I drove to Nashville last week to try and get a feel. I visited a couple of apartment complex’s and wasn’t impressed , not to mention there are over 100 units . I cannot live like that and don’t feel it’s safe too many unknowns. But certainly can’t afford downtown . Ive been told to stay away from east and anything g West is ok? Does anyone have any suggestions ? Pet friendly, single adult female? Public transportation would help too. But I’ve heard having a vehicle is essential to get around town.

What about Franklin, Hermitage, Gulch, Mount Juliet? My price range, max $900. Need laundry for sure

I’m also looking for work. I was told to easy to find an opportunity in Nashville.

Sorry for any typos and thank you kindly in advance !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville