Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM

72 posts, read 144,506 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
Now that we are officially here and settled, I am looking for some local info. My in laws are coming in for a few days, which means, my husband and I get a night out! Ironically enough, based on other outings, the night we get to go out is Valentine's Day, on the actual day, which is a Monday. Now, we usually avoid going out on this holiday because we have always had awful food and service back in Chicago. I am wondering if we will run into the same issue here. Just wondering what you would recommend. Not just for Valentine's Day, but also in general. We are trying out a new babysitter as well in a couple weeks, so we have a few times we are looking at trying new places out. We live in Franklin, but we are willing to travel to what is good. What would you recommend? We like seafood, steak, tapas. Would love to hear your choices for a nice night out! We have experienced a lot of the "kid friendly" places, but would prefer not to be in a place with too many screaming kids, being that we actually can get a way from that for a night :-).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM

81 posts, read 288,707 times
What price range? I love the Red Pony in Franklin for special occaisions. Mack and Kates up at the corner of Franklin rd and Moores lane just opened up. Small menu but very nice.

I expect everywhere this weekend will be jammed but I haven't run into any rude service here.

Not a fancy atmosphere but Franklin Mercantile has dinner on Thurs-sat. They have a deal where you get 2 salads, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and 1 bottle of wine for about $40. Atmosphere is country-deli, nice food.

For regular nights out, we like Bricks (next to Publix on Hillsboro Rd). Kid friendly without too many screaming kids and the menu is varied in offerings and prices.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,556,164 times
To add to the list. I like Saffire in the Factory for a local restaurant.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM

253 posts, read 870,017 times
Adding to the list: Margot Cafe, Germantown Cafe, Mad Platter, Flyte, Park Cafe and Tayst are also good.
These are more in Nashville than in Franklin/burbs though.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,848,787 times
Love Miel in West Nashville...their VDay menu looks great!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM

222 posts, read 640,140 times
Some of my favorites are Basil and Bombay Bistro in Cool Springs. Amerigo's in Cool Springs or Nashville does a great (in my opinion) steak.
I LOVE Eastland Cafe in East Nashville.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 PM

67 posts, read 203,024 times
The have great cajun-style seafood at 55 South in downtown Franklin.

You can't go wrong with Sperry's for steak and seafood.

I also love Whitfield's in Belle Meade-- great place for Valentine's Day.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:25 AM

228 posts, read 529,172 times
I’d agree that Valentines can be a tough night for restaurants, but reservations for a booth at Sambuca (in the Gulch area next to downtown Nashville) will feel about as far from a night out with the kids as you can get. Maybe have drinks first across the street at Cantina Laredo or next door at the Wine Loft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryphena1 View Post
The have great cajun-style seafood at 55 South in downtown Franklin.
Have been meaning to try 55 South... hear good things.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,485,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryphena1 View Post
You can't go wrong with Sperry's for steak and seafood.
Agree with this 100%. They have 2 locations: one in Cool Springs and the original in Belle Meade.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM

627 posts, read 1,849,350 times
Watermark is great.

Flyte is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville