Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 AM

2 posts, read 10,776 times

Advertisements

I need some help planning a girls weekend in Nashville.

First, where to stay? We want to hit up some nice restaurants and see some live music. What about fun places to drink/dance? I'm looking for a fun atmosphere, not really a clubby/pretentious/lounge atmosphere.

Is it fairly easy to hail a cab or do you need to call for one?

Is there a lot do do downtown or is it better to stay near Music Row?

I've never been to Nashville so even a basic orientation would be helpful! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 04:59 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,556,647 times
I would recommend staying downtown. Depending on your budget the Hilton is very convenient to lower broad and nice.

There are a tonne of hotels downtown.

Downtown to Music Row is walkable (less than a mile).

I would suggest staying Downtown as there is more there than Music Row.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,486,086 times
Also look at the Hampton Inn downtown. It is about a block down from the Hilton (2 blocks from Broadway which is the main entertainment district). I've heard great things about the Hampton Inn...affordable, nice/new. There are also 2 Marriott properties close by...the Courtyard at 4th and Church and the Renaissance at 5th and Commerce. All are within easy walking distances to the nightlife.

The downtown district (Broadway, 2nd Avenue) will have just about anything you want as far as live music, bars, and dancing goes. You'll probably want to check out the Wildhorse Saloon on 2nd, which is popular for dancing...especially country line dancing. But up and down Broadway and 2nd Avenue you'll find good live music every night from the honkytonks. It's very popular among tourists and well-traveled. However, there aren't a lot of "nice" restaurants down there. Merchants is nice, there's a Palm in the Hilton...but that's about it as far as nicer establishments go.

You might check out the Gulch area, which is just a few minutes by car from downtown. Lots of "foodie" type upscale restaurants in that area along with a few hip bars. I would probably suggest you guys start out here for a meal at someplace like Sambuca, Cantina Laredo, Flyte, Ru-Sans, Whiskey Kitchen (which is really more like a pub from what I understand) or Watermark. Then catch a cab back to Broadway/2nd Avenue for the rest of the night.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a cab, certainly not around the hotels...most have a cab stand and you'll see them on the streets around Broadway and 2nd as the night winds down. I'm sure you shouldn't have a hard time finding one in the Gulch either.

If you guys are looking for something a little quieter, you might check out the Hillsboro Village area too. Its near Vanderbilt University...about 10 minutes from the tourist district downtown. Several cool bars and restaurants there...all in a block or two of one another.

Finally, this NY Times article "36 Hours In Nashville" and Gwenyth Paltrow's blog article about Nashville should give you a good idea of some different things to do while in town. Obviously, not all will apply to a girls weekend, but you might pick up an idea or two.

Good luck and let us know if you have more questions.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 AM

328 posts, read 569,821 times
When me an my girl friends go, we stay at Courtyard downtown..walkable to the the whole Broadway area with many night spots. You can also walk to several restaurants, etc. It is a great central location. Wouldn't even really need a cab unless you want to venture out and see some other things..Nice hotel with big rooms. I always highly recommend because I love it.
Don Corleone always has great advice as well.
ps...You could take a cab if needed out to a nice restaurant and then walk from the hotel to the night spots, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville