Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 07:12 PM

66 posts, read 163,501 times

Advertisements

When I moved to TN and switched my plates and ID, all I was given was a print out that says "title application" and then a few weeks later I received a title in the mail.

This year I went and paid to have my tags renewed and received the same thing, except nothing new in the mail. In Michigan, we are given "Registration" that we would use to show proof of our vehicle if pulled over or for other situations. I have never received anything like this and didn't know what TN uses. I haven't had anything for the past year besides the "title application" that they give me when I renew my tags. Is that the same thing? In MI, it was a smaller piece of paper, maybe 4x6 that we would keep on us or in the car. After to talking to some people around here that I work with, they said they have something like this, but I don't understand how I get that or if it is different by county. I registered in Davidson Co. and they live in Sumner. I wouldn't think it would be different based on Co.. I know I could just call the office but I keep forgetting and work during the times they are open and I am not able to call.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,237,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew03 View Post
When I moved to TN and switched my plates and ID, all I was given was a print out that says "title application" and then a few weeks later I received a title in the mail.

This year I went and paid to have my tags renewed and received the same thing, except nothing new in the mail. In Michigan, we are given "Registration" that we would use to show proof of our vehicle if pulled over or for other situations. I have never received anything like this and didn't know what TN uses. I haven't had anything for the past year besides the "title application" that they give me when I renew my tags.
At some point in the process you have to take your car through emissions testing.
Here is the link for emissions testing:
The Official State of Tennessee's Department of Environment and Conservation, State Parks Website

Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 PM

140 posts, read 299,445 times
You didn't get any paperwork with the sticker you got when you renewed?

Registration Renewal in Tennessee - Renewing your vehicles registration with the TN DMV

Does your county require an inspection ? If so, how did you renew without an inspection?

Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 AM

569 posts, read 1,430,848 times
You should have a piece of paper, the "registration", it's about 4x6. I've lived in both Davidson and Sumner Counties and I've always gotten that when I renewed my tags. They always hand it back to me with my stickers attached to it when I give them my check. Maybe they could print you out another copy if you go to the county clerk's office.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:15 AM

I have done the inspection and got the tags and new plate last year. The only piece of paper they have given me is a regular size piece of paper that says "application for title and registration" that they stapled my new tags too. I have the tags on my license plate, but either time I have never received any type of registration to keep.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:19 PM

That paper that says "application for title and registration" IS your registration. I went out to my car and looked at it and that's it. You'll see in the middle it has plate info with an expiration date. I didn't really know what it said...but that's it. I was thinking it was a smaller piece of paper and I think it used to be. You're good to go.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:33 PM

Thank you so much! I thought that was it but was never told anything, so I didn't know. I looked at mine this morning and on the bottom it said something about "if there is an amount listed below for payment, this is your registration". It just confused me because we have a smaller piece of paper in MI that actually says Registration on it. Thanks for checking!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM

No problem...I'm pretty sure we used to have the smaller paper here, but they changed it at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville