Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 04:33 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times

Advertisements

My sister and her family are visiting from Florida. My brother in law is allergic to my cat so they can't come here. We will have Christmas (sort of) in their hotel room. Big question is, where to eat? I guess we can make something at my house and bring it over and microwave it at her hotel BUT does anyone know ANY PLACE open on Christmas Day for meals???? Thanks! Or any other ideas most welcome . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 06:48 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
My sister and her family are visiting from Florida. My brother in law is allergic to my cat so they can't come here. We will have Christmas (sort of) in their hotel room. Big question is, where to eat? I guess we can make something at my house and bring it over and microwave it at her hotel BUT does anyone know ANY PLACE open on Christmas Day for meals???? Thanks! Or any other ideas most welcome . . . .
Don't know what hotel you are staying at? The big ones like Gaylord will have something. Check for ads in the Scene for other places to try. In a pinch you may try the deli at Publix or Harris Teeter that would be so happy to help.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:40 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
My guess is you could look at the restaurants in the Thanksgiving thread a few weeks ago and call them up.

Or you could always do like the Parker Family in A Christmas Story and have duck at a Chinese restaurant.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,278,971 times
Publix is closing early Christmas Eve and will be closed all day on Christmas.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
There is an ad in the paper that this one has special Dinners on Christmas Day------http://www.athensfamilyrestaurant.com/ Its been featured on the food chanel.

Diane G

Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Sperry's in Cool Springs and Belle Meade will be serving dinner on Christmas Day. Reservations are required though.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,549,512 times
Yes there are nice restaurants open for Christmas, usually open to a certain time, though!!! Great idea, then you can swap gifts after at the hotel room and have a wonderful family visit.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Sperry's in Cool Springs and Belle Meade will be serving dinner on Christmas Day. Reservations are required though.
They also have a location in Cool Springs too...not sure if its open Christmas or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville