Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 PM

11 posts, read 45,580 times

Advertisements

So I'm a single 28 year old female that is considering moving to Nashville, TN. Right now I live in Los Angeles, CA but I'm originally from the south, grew up in Arkansas. I've lived in Jackson, TN and I hated it. It was so boring and slow and just blahhhhh!!!! I'm not a party girl, nor do I hang out at bars but I do want things to do in the evenings and Jackson just didn't have it.

I'm moving from L.A for a couple of reasons... 1.)Cost of living, 2.)Hard to find good/decent job. I have recently received my MBA with a specialization in Healthcare Management. How hard would it be for me to find a job, in any industry, in Nashville?

What is the cost of living? My first apartment was a studio in Burbank, CA and I paid $875/month plus all of my utilities and I had to get my own fridge (crazy I know).

Also what is the night life like in Nashville? Is it just bar hopping and clubbing (I can find that anywhere)?

Plus I do miss the south and I wouldn't mind being closer to my friends and family.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 PM

210 posts, read 588,246 times
Well...you do know that Nashville is like a HUGE health care hub right? Just do a job search for the Nashville area and watch the wall of health care job listings pop up!

lets see $875 here would get you a one bedroom in a good part of town. Maybe something like this?
RealTracs Mid-South Real Estate Property Finder Listing Details
This location is about a safe as they come within the nashville city limits And there are others in the area, and if you can afford a bit more a month your options would open up greatly

And yes, there is more to do then bars and clubs. We also have great live music venues, local art galleries and shows, liver theater, great local movie theaters, tons of shopping, tons of places to spend some time outside...and GREAT people watching!!

If you have another other questions let me know...i am also a single gal living here (but i grew up here) so let me know if you need help with ANYTHING!

Jennifer

Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,815 times
Jenn pretty well said it all. While the job market is tough here, having an advanced degree in healthcare management should make you a very attractive candidate.

The other thing I'd suggest is looking in the suburbs for an apartment might help you find a more affordable option. The trendier parts of Nashville can be fairly high, but the suburbs will be much more reasonable. And since you don't sound like a night owl who wants to be in the middle of the party, that might be a good option.

Overall, cost of living is significantly cheaper here than California...or so I'm told from folks who've made the transition.

Good luck and let us know if we can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: