Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 AM

209 posts, read 539,599 times

Advertisements

Okay - So we are coming in on Wednesday for the weekend to have a look around neighborhoods.

We are going to concentrate on the Franklin/Brentwood/Cool Springs areas.

In your opinion, what neighborhoods are your favorites in those areas and why?

Besides the obvious of housing price being more expensive in Brentwood, what are the differences between the three areas?

Just where IS the mall at Green Hills located?

And Cool Springs. Although I can find homes located in Cool Springs, I can't find it anywhere on my maps! I realize it's in or around Franklin, but where??? LOL I know, stupid question.

Also, besides great schools.com, any place online that lists the schools in order of % that goes off to college? Stats on the schools (how many kids are in the free lunch program, IB, Merit winners, etc.)

Okay - wish me luck!

Oh yes, here is another stupid question that many of you will find crazy. But what brand of jeans do the girls like to wear? Rock & Republic, Joes jeans, True Religion? Sky Brand shirts/dresses? Free people shirts? Juicy jumpsuits?

That may sound like a very dumb question, but my daughter said to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 07:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
For schools info: Tennessee Department of Education - Report Card - Profile

Franklin is the county seat, a historic town that is much more spread out, a mix of subdivisions, commercial and farms. Brentwood is a bedroom community that is mostly residential. Cool Springs is an "area" that used to be a farm where they built CoolSprings Galleria. You can find "Cool Springs" starting at the intersection of Cool Springs Blvd. and Mallory Lane and radiating out to Moores Lane on the north, McEwen Drive to the south.

The residential areas of Cool Springs are off the Carothers Parkway "corridor" and south of Cool Springs Blvd.

Just where IS the mall at Green Hills located? [b] Hillsboro Road between Abbott Martin Rd and Crestmoor.

Tell your daughter to be herself. Though it is a mostly affluent area, there are all kinds of income levels and "types" here, and if she is friendly and does not judge people by the jeans they wear, she will be fine. If she's worried about fitting in, I've seen most of the brands you listed on local butts.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:16 AM

209 posts, read 539,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
For schools info: Tennessee Department of Education - Report Card - Profile

Franklin is the county seat, a historic town that is much more spread out, a mix of subdivisions, commercial and farms. Brentwood is a bedroom community that is mostly residential. Cool Springs is an "area" that used to be a farm where they built CoolSprings Galleria. You can find "Cool Springs" starting at the intersection of Cool Springs Blvd. and Mallory Lane and radiating out to Moores Lane on the north, McEwen Drive to the south.

The residential areas of Cool Springs are off the Carothers Parkway "corridor" and south of Cool Springs Blvd.

Just where IS the mall at Green Hills located? [b] Hillsboro Road between Abbott Martin Rd and Crestmoor.

Tell your daughter to be herself. Though it is a mostly affluent area, there are all kinds of income levels and "types" here, and if she is friendly and does not judge people by the jeans they wear, she will be fine. If she's worried about fitting in, I've seen most of the brands you listed on local butts.
Thanks for the link. I'll check out the schools there.

Thanks for the address for the mall. Is that in Nashville? Brentwood? Franklin?

I don't have a street map yet, I'm just using google. When I get to Nashville next week I'll have one from the realtor. No sense in her sending it now because I'll be there by the time it gets to me.

My daughter is actually 19 and a junior at the University of Miami! She said to ask about the clothes because she was curious. She's pretty friendly though, she was Student Body President at Desert Mountain High School a few years ago!

Speaking of high schools, any open campus schools around?

Thanks for your help Wmsn4Life, you've been a great help.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
The Mall at Green Hills is in Nashville. It has the most upscale stores in the area.

Belle Meade in Nashville and parts of Green Hills/Forest Hills in Nashville are "old money."

Brentwood was mostly old farms. It became a town in 1969 and was a place where music and health care executives moved. Neighborhoods like Meadowlake and Brenthaven began drawing families soon after. Brentwood didn't really become "BRENTWOODE" until the late 80s, with the construction of subdivisions like BrentMeade and the Brentwood Country Club. So now it's like "new money."

Franklin has more diverse choices of housing. You'll find more types of families there.

Most of Williamson County is an SUV town, with Brentwood being more of an Escalade and Franklin being a tricked-out Yukon XL (or Toyota Siena).

Watch out for the scourge of the county, the young mom in tennis clothes talking her cell phone while driving her Land Rover. You can spot her because it looks like there's a 12-year-old wearing a baseball cap in the driver's seat.

I have noticed that more transplants from the NE seem to settle on the east side of town, where the new homes are built. When they come here, they don't want to squeeze into the older ranch homes or deal with (gasp) polished brass faucets and chopped up rooms from the 80s-90s construction closer to the interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville