Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:07 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,112,414 times

Advertisements

Recent Northeast transplant seeks cool little shops that sell cards that aren't Hallmark, wrapping paper by the piece, Gumby, Ugly Dolls, wind up toys, glow in the dark stars . . . you get the picture . . stocking stuffers . . . artsy things but not high end well made crafts. Similar to the Curious Heart Emporium behind the Loveless Cafe. Cool Springs is full of chain stores which are fine but I am looking for unique one of a kind shops. Downtown Franklin is almost there but haven't QUITE found the card/wrapping paper . . oh and ribbons by the yard??? Please share if you know of such a store anywhere around Nashville. Will drive many miles for fun shopping! Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,841,594 times
They don't have ugly dolls or gumby or anything like that, but nice cards can be found at social graces in the village.

products  (http://www.socialgracesonline.com/Social_Graces/Products.html - broken link)

Good luck.

Courtney

Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,852,460 times
Posh Paper in Hendersonville.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 PM

374 posts, read 695,479 times
Textile Fabrics on Franklin has ribbons (great stuff but not cheap). There are also a couple of JoAnn's around (cheap stuff, not great).

Have you tried World Market (Cost Plus) for some of the other stuff? I think they carry a bit of that kind of thing.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:10 AM

225 posts, read 587,554 times
Fiddlecakes in 12 South has some party supplies but I can't remember what exactly. I noticed they had a little "side room" off the bakery/cafe itself with interesting stuff. You might want to just give them a call and ask them what they've got.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks! I will check all these places out. Didn't realize there was a Cost Plus! Used to LIVE at that store when in San Francisco. Just hard to find nice wrapping paper and interesting cards. I know, who sends SNAIL MAIL anymore?? . . . . . . . . .me?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:21 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,852,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Thanks! I will check all these places out. Didn't realize there was a Cost Plus! Used to LIVE at that store when in San Francisco. Just hard to find nice wrapping paper and interesting cards. I know, who sends SNAIL MAIL anymore?? . . . . . . . . .me?

Yes Cost Plus World Markets are in Hendersonville, Murfreesboro, and West Nashville.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 AM

150 posts, read 442,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I send SNAIL MAIL! All my friends remark that I am such a "card" person! You would be surprised how appreciated cards are these days. I especially like to send cards for birthdays and also when someone needs a little encouragement or just to know someone cares. Oh, an lets not forget that great southern standard, the thank you card. I needed this info too, so thanks for asking this question!

Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,344,640 times
I like A Thousand Faces in Hillsboro Village for quirky gifts and greeting cards. I drive there from Franklin specifically for the cards!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:46 PM

Thank you thank you thank you to all the great ideas! The people I knew before I moved here are NOT snail mail people so had no clue. And nothing against Hallmark. Just like to support more independent cardist types! I know what I am doing this week - CARD TRIP! Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville