Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,943 times

Advertisements

Hey, this is Miss Malinda'

I am also a beginner songwriter. I have submitted 4 songs to the Paramount Group. I just recently received an offer to sign a contract. As I read the contract it seemed pretty legitimate, although I have done a little research as well.

From my experience to recognize a scam, there are several red flags to look out for. First red flag is "Does the company have a legitimate address that you can physically go to?" The second red flag is "Can you reach this company by telephone?

Considering these two red flags, Paramount Group passed the test. Although, I have also contacted the Better Business Bureau in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Good news is the fact that Paramount Group is listed in their national registry. But I was referred to contact the local Better Business Bureau in Nashville Tennessee, which I plan to do. The address and telephone number as listed on the letter and contract does also match the records that the BBB has listed. I also Googled, Map Quest, and requested a national telephone directory for the Paramount Group which all passes as well.

I don't believe that a scam would have passed any of the previous tests.

Although, I am still in the process of researching this company. The final two tests that I will conduct is allowing an entertainment attorney to look over the contract, as well as Contacting the Nashville, Tennessee BBB.

I personally am extremely skeptical because, if I do decide to sign this contract I would be investing a total of $761.00 for all four songs to be demo.

The only reason that I am considering this is the fact that I do believe that you must make in investment in order succeed in this industry or any where else. Nothing is free.

Basically, I am on the fence about this company. But so far, it's seems to be worth the investment. Still researching....

Good Luck!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,641,580 times
Oh please.

Listen- you can convince yourself of just about anything. Doesn't make it so.

Imagine- another NEW poster for Paramount.

Just let it go!!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 PM

627 posts, read 1,848,630 times
$5 says the IP address matches on more than one of these people, if a mod were so inclined....

Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,534,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
$5 says the IP address matches on more than one of these people, if a mod were so inclined....
You owe me $5. And, for good measure, the emails don't match either.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,637,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
You owe me $5. And, for good measure, the emails don't match either.

Um SMG, what about your $25.00 processing fee??

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,534,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Um SMG, what about your $25.00 processing fee??
LOL. I would be rich if I got a fee for the work that I (we) do on each and every post. Can't give away all my secrets but on this thread for instance I have checked each post (and member) along the way and as new ones come in they are checked also for several different data points. I probably had last checked the IPs and other things about 30 minutes after the last post. People are smart and as long as they are following the TOS they can post away.

Are there any really big name entertainers that have been successful with Paramount?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,641,580 times
SMG- you know the answer to that question

NO self-respecting writer would go anywhere near a situation like this. Trust me.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,375,751 times
My guess is they are all employees of Paramount or they are posting here, promoting their studio.

Diane G

Old 09-30-2008, 11:10 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,637,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
My guess is they are all employees of Paramount or they are posting here, promoting their studio.

Diane G
I would say that I wholeheartedly agree with you Diane!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 AM

46 posts, read 146,283 times
Same thing happened to me..Last week I sent them 1 lyrics of mine by email(the only one I haven't been able to create some music for....of course as I'm Italian I asked an English friend of mine to review the lyrics to avoid grammatical mistakes).

Today I just received a letter from them and it starts with these words:

"What great lyrics you've sent us! In fact we believe the talent you've displayed has outstanding hit song potential." and so on....

So tell me..all you guys that received letters from them do thei letters start this way???

Yes yes...also to me it sounds as something pre-written for all the people sending them lyrcis.

Am I wrong?

However I think the price is not so high for a recording if you think the demo is recorded professionally . In Italy you should pay 300 euros for a 1 song demo if they also have to do the music .... plus you have to pay many and many money to copyright your own song with SIAE.
And... in return you won't have anything about contacts of something like that.

By the way I cannot not admit I'm a bit sceptic about this company.....who wouldn't...So I don't know if to send them back the contract with my signature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville