Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
lee lee started this thread

91 posts, read 385,219 times

Advertisements

We have recently returned from our annual vacation to Naples to find that our beloved Denny's on US41 has gone.

We had so many fond memories of that restaurant and it was heartbreaking to see it stood empty.

We had a favaorite waitress called Peggy she was great, do'es anyone know where she works now because we will look her up next year.

Is Denny's opening a new restaurant or is Naples just too expensive for them to lease property now.

Even so we still love Naples!

Lee
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 06:43 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,303 times
Don't worry they'll knock it down and put up a resturant that will sell you a bottle of water for 25 bucks. It'll have ambiance and class and be so modern that you will only be able to look at the food you just order from behind a glass window beautifuly framed in an array of colored lights . Look but don't touch. Why, because its the Neopolitan way of course!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 174,012 times
Default Denny's in Naples....TOO FUNNY!!!!

A Denny's in Naples!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!! Too funny. Naples is too good for a Dennys now. That is below them there in High Falutin Naples(as I stick my finger down my throat). You can check to see if Peggy is working at Mels Diner, unless Naples is too good for that too and IT closes. Tarastomsgirl is comletely right about what they will end up doing to the place it was in, it will end up another SNOB restaurant... There is a Dennys in Fort Myers, and Cape Coral, but the one in the cape is TERRIBLE!!! The other one is off Gladiolus in F.M., other than that go to Cracker Barrel...

Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher441970 View Post
A Denny's in Naples!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!! Too funny. Naples is too good for a Dennys now. That is below them there in High Falutin Naples(as I stick my finger down my throat). You can check to see if Peggy is working at Mels Diner, unless Naples is too good for that too and IT closes. Tarastomsgirl is comletely right about what they will end up doing to the place it was in, it will end up another SNOB restaurant... There is a Dennys in Fort Myers, and Cape Coral, but the one in the cape is TERRIBLE!!! The other one is off Gladiolus in F.M., other than that go to Cracker Barrel...
LOL yah Mels is the next to go , hell Chardonney was too good for Naples and that was pretty much the most expensive resturant there! You know you're resturant is bad when its too expensive even for the rich folk!! Eekk 50 bucks for a pork chop, no thanks I'll buy the pig for 20 and get my chops that way.. Oh sweet Naples, how we dont' miss thee. When I was in highschool we used to go to Denny's after work at like 3 am cause it was the only place open and stay for hours and joke with the waitresses and everyone.. I wouldn't do that now but it was fun at the time. Of course Naples was a better town back then.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,451 times
But let's face it, Denny's quality has gone downhill in the last few years. I use to love the place now their food is on a par with McD's...when the stuff sits and gets hard and cold. Even the coffee blend is lower grade. They just cheapened the hell outta the place. Can't find a good one around and I don't care to look. I'd say Cracker Barrel or any diner would be a better bet and maybe Peggy can be found at one of them (try putting a free ad out in the local cheapie paper). Hope you find a new place to call home and her too.

Last edited by House4Sale; 09-21-2007 at 11:49 PM..

Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher441970 View Post
Most of those people there in their condos, that condo is the only money they ever spend. The rest of the time is spend searching out "Early bird specials" and stiffing the waitress.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:45 PM

672 posts, read 905,165 times
Last weekend we were going to go to Denny's. Husband didn't know it had closed. I guess too much competition from Mel's? We ate at Mel's. Terrible. Very crowded and the food was cold besides. I could care less if they serve biscuits and gravy. I liked Denny's better.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 174,012 times
That Mels in Naples is the nastiest, and worst one. It really is bad... The one on 41 in Fort Myers near the Page Field Airport is by far the best one. I would take Cracker Barrel any day though over Denny's, or Mels. I liked Perkins too, but only the one in Bonita, and the one in Cape Coral on the Parkway. I heard the First Watch restaurants were great for Breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
Last weekend we were going to go to Denny's. Husband didn't know it had closed. I guess too much competition from Mel's? We ate at Mel's. Terrible. Very crowded and the food was cold besides. I could care less if they serve biscuits and gravy. I liked Denny's better.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:23 PM

You want a great one go to The Sunrise Cafe, well wait I think they call it Skillets now but its the same food, its in the Bed Bath and Beyond plaza on Airport and Pine. Its on the same side as the McDonalds.. OMG people that place is amazing, they have by far the best belgium waffles I have ever had. The service is great and the food is fresh and served with fruit. Sometimes there's a wait , even in season though I've never had to wait more than 10 mins and they just expanded it so now it seats a whole lot more.. You have to try it if you live or visit there

Old 09-23-2007, 02:04 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Most of those people there in their condos, that condo is the only money they ever spend. The rest of the time is spend searching out "Early bird specials" and stiffing the waitress.
And complaining the entire time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples