Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 PM

503 posts, read 711,118 times

Advertisements

THE BLACK KEYS
some of you on this forum know them,but I feel a lot of you don't.
You should though.

after the white stripes,they are perhaps my favorite modern band.

YouTube - The Black Keys - I'm Glad (New Song; Free)

YouTube - The Black Keys - Keeping the Blues Alive

YouTube - The Black Keys - Set You Free (Live TV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 07:53 PM

191 posts, read 144,292 times
Absolutelly love the Black Keys (and there's not many bands these days that I like at all). They have actually restored my faith in current music.

I'd have to say they are easily my favorite band from the 2000s.

I could post sooo many more of these if we didnt have that 3 vid limit.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:00 PM

did you get brothers yet? it's really good

Old 05-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeo2194 View Post
did you get brothers yet? it's really good

Nah not yet, will probably get it next week. I have heard most of the songs from the album, though, and bought Next Girl and Tighten Up from iTunes while I was at work the other day.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanMan View Post
Nah not yet, will probably get it next week. I have heard most of the songs from the album, though, and bought Next Girl and Tighten Up from iTunes while I was at work the other day.
I really love never gonna give you up,well I like the whole album. The reviews are really good for the album,I'm so happy for them!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I really love never gonna give you up,well I like the whole album. The reviews are really good for the album,I'm so happy for them!

Yeah I think they will have good things to come for a while.

Just found out two days ago they will be playing in Charlotte in Sept. I'll be getting tix as soon as possible. Whats funny is they are opening for Kings of Leon (I personally think it should be the other way around, but KoL is more mainstream right now)

Talked to a friend of mine tonight and she said they are opening for Pearl Jam in New York. That would be the ulimate concert for me as PJ is by far my favorite 90s band and BK are my fav 2000's band.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFanMan View Post
Yeah I think they will have good things to come for a while.

Just found out two days ago they will be playing in Charlotte in Sept. I'll be getting tix as soon as possible. Whats funny is they are opening for Kings of Leon (I personally think it should be the other way around, but KoL is more mainstream right now)

Talked to a friend of mine tonight and she said they are opening for Pearl Jam in New York. That would be the ulimate concert for me as PJ is by far my favorite 90s band and BK are my fav 2000's band.
I would like the see the see the keys and the black crowes together....but really to see the stripes and the keys would be awesome. I'm trying to get tix to indy cuz they never come to chicago. Idk KOL seems ok but eh...

Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I would like the see the see the keys and the black crowes together....but really to see the stripes and the keys would be awesome. I'm trying to get tix to indy cuz they never come to chicago. Idk KOL seems ok but eh...

Funny you mentioned that. The Keys are coming here 9/10 and the Crowes are coming either the weekend before that or the weekend after. I've seen the Black Crowes live before and they killed it.

Its an outdoor ampitheatre (same place I saw the Black Crowes the 1st time) but I think i'd rather see the Keys in an indoor, smaller setting. Either way it should be pretty badass

Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 PM

18,255 posts, read 25,934,703 times
Checked out the youtubes. Liked what I heard! I've got a little mad money squirrled away, think I'll pick up a couple of their cd's!

Thanks Luke!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Checked out the youtubes. Liked what I heard! I've got a little mad money squirrled away, think I'll pick up a couple of their cd's!

Thanks Luke!
you gotta get the new one brothers,it's really good!

YouTube - Never Gonna Give You Up-The Black Keys

YouTube - The Black Keys - Next Girl

YouTube - Black Mud-The Black Keys

all form the new album!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music