Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,086,475 times

Advertisements

In a Heartbeat-John Murphy

It's the opening song in '28 Weeks Later'-where the zombies are chasing Don through the field. Very tense and beautiful build up-I love it.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,548,075 times
She thinks MY IDEA is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :CHEERS!!!!!:

: looks back to see that our other selves are at the SuperBowl really
loving it and Grooving! : Apryl! I think you are the most awesome
pretend GirlFriend in the whole wide world!!

YouTube - Michael Jackson ist tot - eine seiner besten Performances zum Erinnern an den King of Pop. RIP

:lunch pail banging, we run to our jobs in real life!: I Feel sooooo
Mature!!! Hahahahaha!

YouTube - [森林] 疲れている貴方を癒㠗て見る

YouTube - MIND TRIP

Jim!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,388,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I think, Nat, I'd just like to listen to some music with you and talk some about life. Not that there is anything wrong with dancing etc., we "Phantom Phans" just have some things in common.

It was good to see your post.

I hope this song helps anyone who needs it~~~~

MSR
Then grab a chair and sit on the porch with me It's funny that you mention Phantom ~ after the last time we talked about it I dug around until I found a DVD of my marching band. Somehow it seemed grander in my head than it looked on tape It was fun to relive it though - if I could figure out how to youtube it I'd share it with you.

YouTube - Otis Redding-Sitting on the dock of the bay

Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,451,866 times
Default "The Chain," Fleetwood Mac

RF Silver,

You wrote something in one of your first dozen posts or so on here that has stayed with me. You essentially said we, who post on this thread, treat each other well and we seem to actually like each other as people.

Since I agree with you that those who post here are treated with more respect and their opinions valued, than on most threads, I've been wanting to post this song for you.

"The Chain," - Fleetwood Mac - the only song ever co-written by the five members of FM who recorded Rumuors: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Chris McVie, John McVie and Stevie Nicks.

YouTube - Fleetwood Mac performs "The Chain" Live 2004

Performed as the first song of all concerts Fleetwood Mac playlists, From my POV, they deliver a strong message each time about NOT letting others, or obstacles etc., breaking them apart. While their interpersonal break-ups within the band are well documented, given other factors in their lives, I think this song united them as a band against the beliefs some others had (or didn't) about them, and their ability to succeed.

" And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain."

Think about belonging to a group of those who post here. Do you promise to "Never Break the Chain"? Will you be a link that helps hold the group together in this thread? I hope so.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 07-01-2009 at 08:22 AM..

Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times

YouTube - Days of Wine and Roses..Perry Como

Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,451,866 times
Wink So You Are A Star,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Then grab a chair and sit on the porch with me It's funny that you mention Phantom ~ after the last time we talked about it I dug around until I found a DVD of my marching band. Somehow it seemed grander in my head than it looked on tape It was fun to relive it though - if I could figure out how to youtube it I'd share it with you.

YouTube - Otis Redding-Sitting on the dock of the bay

Nat,

I'm glad you found the DVD. It had to be great for the day. How many other H.S. bands even attempted the music???

I can imagine it.......... So glad you had fun being a part of it all.

YouTube - wow - I think that is great, if you ever decided to post it. Many people run from their h.s. days. You are so proud of yours you would be willing to share with the world.

I think you probably just want some of that Rock Star Idol worship we see occur here from time to time

YouTube - The Hudson Brothers - So You Are A Star

MSR -
Would love to sit and talk to you. Maybe later today?

Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,388,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Nat,

I'm glad you found the DVD. It had to be great for the day. How many other H.S. bands even attempted the music???

I can imagine it.......... So glad you had fun being a part of it all.

YouTube - wow - I think that is great, if you ever decided to post it. Many people run from their h.s. days. You are so proud of yours you would be willing to share with the world.

I think you probably just want some of that Rock Star Idol worship we see occur here from time to time

:
Oh yeah, I loved high school. Our Marching Bands was just as popular as the football team I loved walking around campus in my Letterman jacket. I'm sure the show is still pretty good to the average watcher but when I think of all those hours we spent learning drill and all the sprains and sweat, etc I think in my mind it was like a Broadway show

Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 AM

123 posts, read 271,787 times
I'm sitting at work and need a pick-me up to get me started on my inventory so here is what I am listening to now:

Shinedown: Sound of Madness

but lately I keep coming back to this song:

Pearl Jam: Love Reign O'er Me

Have fun today pple!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 AM

42 posts, read 87,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Sitting in my rocking chair on the porch staring up at stars:::I love when the weathers like this::wonder how all my friends are doing in their various musical escapades:::Whenever you all have time to meet at the juke joint again the first rounds on me
Natalayjones,
I have enjoyed your posts as a non-member so much I wanted to join in. I like how you always paint the scene to match your song makes me laugh. That being said I hope you accept my apology for not showing up the other night....if you kept the wine maybe we can try are little rendevous again?

YouTube - Tyrese-sweet Lady

Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,107,536 times
:: listening to music on the radio...
...smiles when very old song begins... ah the Rom people! ..
heart sings with the people of the past...

Jurij Morfessi "Spoite, cigane!" / "Sing, gypsies"

YouTube - Jurij Morfessi "Spoite, cigane!" / "Sing, gypsies"

rare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.