Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 AM

430 posts, read 1,174,634 times

Advertisements

This is such a great song. It is a country song. But it speaks about a child that has hit the age and has to go and the parent says your gonna miss this. I as a adult daughter have felt that and as a Mom of some kids who are out of the house now. Time goes by so fast. I always cry everytime I hear that song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM

719 posts, read 2,617,851 times
Thats what I love about GOOD country music. Family ties, traditional values, love, and heartache.

Last edited by Sockeye; 06-09-2008 at 12:26 PM..

Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
It is a great song. Doesn't hurt that Trace is singing it either. I like his song, "I'm Tryin'" also. There for a while, he was releasing music I didn't care for.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:28 PM

201 posts, read 656,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
This is such a great song. It is a country song. But it speaks about a child that has hit the age and has to go and the parent says your gonna miss this. I as a adult daughter have felt that and as a Mom of some kids who are out of the house now. Time goes by so fast. I always cry everytime I hear that song.
I cry too everytime I hear it- as someone who is moving away from my parents (not out of the house-did that a while back- but AWAY to another state), it reminds me of my mother, who always tells me "you're gonna miss this and you're gonna want it back"

Old 06-09-2008, 04:43 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,634 times
And your Mother is right. We all when we reached being teens thought I can't wait to get out on my own. But there will come a time when you will wish for something back. This becomes more sad when you are a little older as I'm in my fortys and lost my Mom a few years ago and my Grandma a few months later. There is also times when one of my older kids say something and wish go back when they were little. There is also times when I could run them over... Just kidding

Old 06-09-2008, 04:51 PM

201 posts, read 656,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
And your Mother is right. We all when we reached being teens thought I can't wait to get out on my own. But there will come a time when you will wish for something back. This becomes more sad when you are a little older as I'm in my fortys and lost my Mom a few years ago and my Grandma a few months later. There is also times when one of my older kids say something and wish go back when they were little. There is also times when I could run them over... Just kidding
My mom joked about taping our mouths shut every once in a while...her favorite saying is "I put you on this earth and I can take you out of it and make another that looks just like you"

Having lost my grandmother when I was ten, I wish I could go back- you never appreciate what you have until it's gone. I try to live it and appreciate what I have as much as possible- because I KNOW I'm going to miss it and wish I had it back

Old 06-09-2008, 08:42 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,626,062 times
I like this song, it's very touching. I saw Trace about last year, good show!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
It is a great song. Doesn't hurt that Trace is singing it either. I like his song, "I'm Tryin'" also. There for a while, he was releasing music I didn't care for.
I agree that it seems he was in something of a slump for a while. There was one treasure that he released that I thought didn't get the recognition it should have received. That was his song, "Arlington." It was a beautiful tribute to those who gave their lives in the service of our nation. I think it should be played loudly every Memorial Day and every Veteran's Day.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I agree that it seems he was in something of a slump for a while. There was one treasure that he released that I thought didn't get the recognition it should have received. That was his song, "Arlington." It was a beautiful tribute to those who gave their lives in the service of our nation. I think it should be played loudly every Memorial Day and every Veteran's Day.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 PM

100 posts, read 331,596 times
Not necessarily! This song does not mention the pain that many of us go through in the course of our lives. Personally, I don't care to want back the agony I went through with an ex-wife in a bitter divorce and the anger that it fostered! I am glad to be over that hurdle and to have it in may past (never to return).

Daffy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music