Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 01:12 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,594,549 times

Advertisements

This could have gone on the film threads but on this occasion it`s the music that matters. Your fav movie theme? Not soundtrack but the thing that brings the film to mind. This film rates in my top 3 of all time and the music itself probably at No1 with me..So whats yours??

YouTube - Roy Budd :: "Get Carter" Theme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 04:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
My No 1 from a soundtrack is this one from Meet Joe Black (the clip is not from the movie but has the song):

YouTube - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow Lyrics

My other No 1 (ok, they are at tie) is this song from The English Patient (it helps to understand what Marta is singing since I speak the language, but the way she sings it I don't think you really need to know to feel the depth of emotion):

YouTube - Marta Sebestyen: Szerelem szerelem

Both of these songs make me weepy-eyed.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:20 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,590,619 times
I've said it on other threads, so I'll say it here, too. I love the musical score from the movie "Quigley Down Under." There are lots of others, too, that I think are fantastic, especially those from John Williams:

The Cowboys
Raiders of the Lost Ark (& the other Indiana Jones movies)
Star Wars (the whole collection)
E.T.
Superman

Here are a couple that I believe weren't John Williams compositions:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Red River
(I love those Westerns!)

Just a few examples of good musical scores in movies...

Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,229,601 times
Wow! How did I miss this one? Now, where do I start?

Butterflies Are Free

Singing Butterflies Are Free - YouTube

Bless the Beasts & Children

Carpenters - Bless the Beasts and the Children (Original Soundtrack version) - YouTube

The Sterile Cuckoo

SANDPIPERS - "Come Saturday Morning" (1969) - YouTube

The Sandpiper

Astrud Gilberto - The shadow of your smile - YouTube

The Umbrellas of Cherburg
"I Will Wait Forever"

Love theme from "Les parapluies de Cherburg" from Michel Legrand - YouTube

Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,229,601 times
Rollercoaster

RollerCoaster OST-Magic Carousel-End Title - YouTube

Conan the Barbarian ~ the original

Conan The Barbarian - Theme - YouTube
This is one of the most brilliant film scores EVER written, and I'm a fan from when movie scoring started, especially of Max Steiner's "King Kong" (1933).

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"

"Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan"(1982)-Main Theme - YouTube

The Exorcist

The Exorcist Theme (Tubular Bells) - YouTube
"Tubular Bells" was a chart hit as I recall. One lady I spoke to said that, after she'd seen the film, she nearly ran her car off the road when this came on the radio. Actually, I saw it when I was in my early 20s and did not get why people were getting so freaky about it. The book is so much better, and the effects looked so fake. Remember: I was seeing this during its initial release. However, I do like the music and wonder how much it influenced John Carpenter.

Halloween (the original)

Halloween Main Theme (Original) [HQ] - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music