Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 09:04 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,197,005 times

Advertisements

enjoy this great clip

Uncle Jay Explains: 2011 Singing Year in Review! | Uncle Jay Explains The News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,154,750 times
Uncle Jay failed to mention Ron Paul. Deliberate? Probably.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:27 PM

13 posts, read 7,433 times
I don't have my headphones with me at the moment, but 2011 music does bring back some memories for me after 10 years (it's been a decade now). Some things in my life improved then, other things were better before 2011. 2011 gave us the Last Night On Earth studio album by Noah And The Whale which is my favorite album of the 21st century and if it ages well in the next 5-10 years could even become my all-time favorite.

Other memories:

Give Up The Ghost - Radiohead
Nobody's Perfect - Jessie J
Discoverer - R.E.M.
Architects - Rise Against
The Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic! At The Disco
Never Let Me Go - The Human League
Back Through Time - Alestorm
Sounds of A Playground Fading - In Flames
Into The Storm - Yes
In Waves - Trivium

There are other groups like Foo Fighters and Unearth that possibly impressed me this year but I struggle to remember which specific songs I liked from them. I am getting an experience right now of how memory can fade with time. I wouldn't mind checking out some of these at a certain point before the music becomes permanently forgotten. Overall, this is a fun year to look back on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music