Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 11:03 PM

9,929 posts, read 13,944,276 times

Advertisements

Waylon Jennings Good Hearted Woman Live - YouTube

Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,011,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
This one was big for me back in the day. I had Waylon's autograph on a place mat from the "Connestoga" room at the "Golden Stallion" Dancehall San Antonio,Texas! Met him and shook his hand. The girls with me were P.O. he didn't play more before his breakfast break...

Poor Waylon he was a great guy!

Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson - Just To Satisfy You - YouTube

Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 PM

9,929 posts, read 13,944,276 times
Great story! The Golden Stallion. Haven't heard anyone mention that place in forever.

Let's go to Luckenbach, Texas
With Waylon and Willie and the boys
This successful life we're livin'
Got us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys
Between Hank Williams' pain songs and
Newberry's train songs and Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain

Waylon Jennings Luckenbach Texas - YouTube

Out in Luckenbach, Texas ain't nobody feelin' no pain

Old 09-02-2011, 02:45 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,153,433 times
tranquil: dare to dream : feel the magic :

"Cafe del Mar" Tom Oliver - Free Your Mind - YouTube

The Platters - My Dream - YouTube

My Dream
Is a true delight

Old 09-02-2011, 02:55 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,011,243 times

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes-The Platters-1958 - YouTube

Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,153,433 times

The Platters - Twilight Time - YouTube

Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,668,963 times
I am not a big fan of Elvis but this song always makes me want to dance :

Elvis - A Little Less Conversation - YouTube

Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 AM

52,744 posts, read 48,096,494 times
Default Country Gold For Your Friday

Jambalaya - Hank Williams, Sr

Jambalaya on the Bayou - Hank Williams - YouTube

My Woman, My Woman, My Wife - Marty Robbins

Marty Robbins - My Woman, My Woman, My Wife - YouTube

Old Rivers - Walter Brennan

Walter Brennan- Old Rivers - YouTube

If I Kiss You - Lynn Anderson

Lynn Anderson - If I Kiss You (will you go away) - YouTube

Old 09-02-2011, 05:34 AM

638 posts, read 16,524,262 times
Default Nat King Cole- Around The World

It's just about dawn--- I'm writing to my girlfriend, feeling soft like how morning feels flower colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
~ golden sand... dreamy sighs... windswept hair

Sunrise at Bark Bay, Abel Tasman national park, New Zealand

Sunrise at Bark Bay, Abel Tasman national park, New Zealand - YouTube

~ homecoming dance... chaperones smiling... flying ~

The Crests - Let True Love Begin

The Crests.....Let True Love Begin - YouTube

I gotta say thanks again to my anonymous helper rep person--- you know I feel like it is a Mom and I want to say she gave me some good advice.

It is so good I want everyone to see it---watch your language, hold open doors, please and thank you, let your actions do some talking for you, ask about his first car, their first date, do they have a "song"

Each one of these ideas is AWESOME!! I am gonna do all of them!

I bet every body who been in love with a song or I mean had a love song when they were in love remembers the song! I know Nomadicus says he remembers dancing and stuff with certain songs. Here's one I already like!

Nat King Cole- Around The World

NAT KING COLE - Around The World - YouTube

Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 AM

638 posts, read 16,524,262 times
Default The Platters - Only You + Enchanted + All The Things You Are + Nat King Cole - On The Street Where You Live

Being in love is busy! I got so many ideas buzzing round my brain! Like decorating this planter box for my girlfriend---and I see how changed I’m by thinking about her---would it be cuter if I painted some designs on it? I’m light years away from how I was even a month ago! Love changes everything!

The Platters - Only You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24k-5G_6fc

And love just hangs around waiting to come out! It is not always a person who is young--- I saw on tv about a nun who is falling in love for the first time and I thought she is just like me I thought about all I could give her---like these songs and stuff. We could easy share because we are in the same part of love---the first part!
I think she might want to talk to me even if I’m young. I would not care about her wrinkles ---seems like she was a nun from when she was young and she doesn’t know this stuff.

The Platters – Enchanted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPfXlB3g_Ys

I got things to share you know from being at my stage of love. It would really be easy if she had a computer because then she wouldn’t be brainwashed about her wrinkles and stuff and be what she feels like---

Don’t it make you mad that even old people can't claim puppy love if they feeling it for the first time that makes me mad because heck they are human beings---they can’t help it if they didn't fall in love til they were 70 years old or in the nursing home---it makes me feel sad. And I want to say get rid of that armor!

I’m so glad I got that little girl deep in my mind who said Mozart is just like me! She is like a guardian angel of love to me--her wisdom even if she was what 6 years old?

The Platters - All The Things You Are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNb9oCrs730

I don’t want anyone trying to make me rush in love---that’s why I want to do it old-fashion. I want to feel this so big and so long in time that it clicks right down to my soul! I’ve been way over away from love and now that I found it, I want for keeps! I want my girl to feel it thrilling her too and the lady from the tv and the folks I see on the street. I feel like running down the street yelling happiness to everyone! I’ve seen movies and stuff about this kinda outbursts I guess you call it--- wow! That reminds me of another song!

Nat King Cole - On The Street Where You Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Y2VyEzdf4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music