Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 09:37 PM

1,006 posts, read 739,154 times

Advertisements

Abstract simplicity at its finest!

Dak - Gobetween - YouTube

Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,376,205 times

Joy Of Cooking - "Bad Luck Blues" - YouTube
Chefs make the best lovers. They understand the importance of heating the pan before putting the meat in.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:10 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,161,358 times
Young The Giant - My Body

Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,161,358 times
Death Cab for Cutie - You Are A Tourist

Old 08-31-2011, 12:00 AM

2,817 posts, read 1,892,123 times

Jimi Hendrix - Stone Free w/Lyrics - YouTube

Old 08-31-2011, 01:04 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,955,069 times

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Old 08-31-2011, 04:49 AM

638 posts, read 16,524,888 times
Default Nico Muhly videos - The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows All - The Beatles - And I Love Her

(I’ve been listening to this dude who is the top new composer among the Vic Romantic Classical crowd)

Nico Muhly - I Drink The Air Before Me: A Long Line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYaXPs-z0FU

I gotta lot of stuff to say tonight---school starts soon, ideas busting my head open---since summer is coming to an end, and I gotta absorb lots of stuff learned about love--- needing time out to explore these bands.

Wow JacktheRipper! I’m knocked out about Barry White! That guy can talk to women! He seems sincere and really deep! I’m putting his name on my list of songs for love right away!

I‘m collecting music for my girlfriend—I mean to play for her and watch her listen! It’s simple and we can watch each other listening to the other one’s music. Just thinking about it makes my heart beat fast! Suppose she closes her eyes and gets a swoony look on her face? And I know I did that! I gave her those feelings! Same for her too.

Nico Muhly - Mothertongue- I. Archive - Abigail Fischer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB46mn8Exd8

Then I come offa that feeling getting blue because I’m left out of time --music wise. Why is it so hard to learn about love? Looking round I see the older folks take a lot for granted. That woman’s words hooked into me. The tv teaches me how to hurt my parents how to separate from them, taught me words to say to my brother and sister to hurt their feelings making them learn quick to toughen up and taught them to be needy for my approval and the tv taught me when I look at my grandparent what do I see --- I'm supposed to be looking at their bent bodies and wrinkles they supposed to be repulsive I’m supposed to get away from them. But not see the love in their eyes.

Nico Muhly - Clear Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWfg4bA46PY

I’m asking myself tonight why is this all being engineered, because it is relationships that make a person strong inside when you look at your grandpa’s face you feel a kinda love, when you look at your brother and sisters you see hope vulnerability and admiration---that’s the real world.

When I listen to my grandparent’s music ---though I been brainwashed that those men were all brutes---not by the music--- no way! Their music says they were sweet, vulnerable, had some values and singing always and forever to their loves--- sadistic crudeness is in my generation ---

Now there is no group like the Beatles who were innocent, some would say goofy and sang about their feelings. They were true tellers of their life experiences ----I want to hold your hand the truth tellers of teen aged love in the 60s they were telling the truth and there was nobody turning them down. If you had a group like the Beatles today singing they would be destroyed made fun of, dogged out and why because the matrix does not need strong families---it needs worker bees---antisocial, unattached. The matrix has no place for love.

Ms. Iphigeneia was right if I can feel it, it belongs to me. I looked at that little girl who played at the White House, she loves Mozart she said because Mozart is just like me. Bells went off in my head and can I get a witness! Hello! My heart should not be dependent on what Disney is cranking out or any corporation. If that little girl can relate to Mozart because as she said he feels just like me, that’s why I like him--- we are the same, does she feel the hundreds of years between them? Nope in this little kid she can recognize the same heart she said he is like me---personal not a lot of gab about the music but just that---it was heart. Just like Ms. Iphigeneia said if I feel the heart ---regardless of the time period---then it is me!

The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows All

The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows All - YouTube

Off goes those tv programs that disrespect and hurt my parents, off goes those programs that make fun of my siblings and in shame I remember the joy I had when hurt reflected back instead of admiration in their eyes--- and off goes any programs that shows my grandparents face as repulsive and ugly—when I see my grandmother I’m going to kiss every one of her little wrinkles and thank her for loving me.

And I plan on telling my grandpa that I been listening to his music and does he have ideas for love songs for my new girl. Whew! I sure think the folsk who had bands that were at their stage of love and grew should feel lucky! Now I go up and down looking for puppy love songs---goofy words and all---because that is the truth---how I feel. And music can set that out and show my girl and the world it is real!

The Beatles - And I Love Her

The Beatles - And I Love Her - YouTube

If by some miracle this girl that glowed when I first saw her ever becomes my wife---I’m going to bow down to every single stretch mark she gets for having my babies because this is only proof of war wounds she got in the battle to birth love. If I want something in my life that is sacred I gotta get it myself.

If there ain't a band that is at the same stage of love as me I can go back in time and pick any band that fits me---every day I got to make every effort to change my life by myself ---my decision and my decision alone I can’t boohoo my fate –these are the cards I was given.

Folk who grew up with the Beatles and learned to expand their hearts like to deeper more mature love--- following Paul with Wings, seeing how John and Yoko put their energy into Peace, how George grew in compassion with the Bangladesh---they grew in front of your eyes and you grew too. Now that is covered by the money grabbers--- and I do not want to mature to be Disney or some other corporation---I want to be love’s child, love’s growing heart!

Last edited by Klysm; 08-31-2011 at 05:55 AM..

Old 08-31-2011, 05:22 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,148,969 times

OneRepublic - Secrets - YouTube

Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 AM

Default Nico Muhly - Honest Music + The Temptations + The Main Ingredient - Spinning Around + Ricky Nelson - I Will Follow You

Hey TomKat I been checking out your songs. Lots of good songs to follow up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
~ diving seagulls... skipping pebbles... spellbound ~

Pelicans at Sunrise in Mexico
Thinking about some poems to write to my girlfriend this sunrise---I better be thinking about her parents!

Nico Muhly - Honest Music

Nico Muhly - Honest Music - YouTube

Questions to ask my new girlfriend’s parents weighing heavy. What if at our next meeting not so much is happening--- no distractions from music and performances and they just talk to me? I'm getting jittery nervous already!
I’m glad for the advice from the anonymous helper rep person! Thanks again for your support!
What do I want to tell parents about me so they know that I'm a good guy---not just polite but down right good for their daughter--- like for a relationship with her? The more I think about this the more it seems like bragging. What a mess that would be! Somehow this is gonna help them get to know me. That’s the idea.

New ideas for asking her parents---
Ask Dad about career, how did he happen to be in his career?
If it seems like he loves his car, start talking about cars he likes and what he wishes he might like to drive. (male-bonding)
What about sports? I’m not sure what kinda sports he likes, plays, is a fan, or doesn’t care about. This could be tricky if he is a big fan and I’m not cool about his fav team. This topic could be dangerous!

The Temptations- My Girl

The Temptations- My Girl. - YouTube

I better ask my girlfriend about some things---like does her Dad work in the yard or cook B-B-Que? Does he fix up things around their place?
The idea is to ask him things will get him talking and show off my good listener skills. If I already know the answer it will seem stupid I think. Imagine the convo---so you like to mow the lawn? He says no it just keeps growing---crushing me--- I'm slammed! Then he tells me all about some insect he is killing with sprays to protect his flowers. I feel like a tree hugger in the wrong place. I guess a little information may be too much information. Better not try to over prep on this!

The Main Ingredient - Spinning Around (I Must Be Falling In Love)

The Main Ingredient - Spinning Around (I Must Be Falling In Love) - YouTube

DAMN! I’m about to run down the hall yelling!!!! This is HARD!!!
But it's worth the sweat---because she is awesome and I’m so so so glad she likes me too. I’ve been finding sweet songs to play for her---special songs that's gonna be between us.

And I don't mind telling her that I will follow her because she is the one that's got the principles. To hell with this society brainwashing me any more. You got guys who ain't supposed to follow up after a girl or girls who ain't supposed to follow a guy and so nobody follows anybody except the latest teen fad on New Edition or some celeb mags. Hell with that! I'm following her and if I get myself clean, get myself responsible I hope she follow me too. For now, I'm following her.

Ricky Nelson - I Will Follow You

Ricky Nelson ~ I Will Follow You (MV) - YouTube

Last edited by Klysm; 08-31-2011 at 05:40 AM..

Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 AM

Default The Main Ingredient - You've Been My Inspiration

Since school is soon starting, I'm thinking about working on a project for her---something with my hands using the toolshed. At first I thought to give some flowers but forgot to ask her is she was allergic so my mind switched to plants. Today I'm gonna make a plan to make a plant box. Then look up the coolest meaning for a plant and check out nurseries.

I'm thinking if I work on the plant box today, waterproof it, all that stuff, get draining rocks, etc, then it should be ready by Friday. This way she'll have to think of me everyday when she waters the plant. So no cactuses cause Hell I ain't trying to get her mind to think to put me in a corner somwewhere, I want her to water me and brush my leaves and stuff like that!

The Main Ingredient - You've Been My Inspiration

The Main Ingredient - You've Been My Inspiration - YouTube

Last edited by Klysm; 08-31-2011 at 05:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music