Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,337,948 times

Advertisements

:: hmmm Led Zepplin is playing their last U.S concert because... tavern door flies open ... looks up, newspaper falls, half stand... a huge crowd of bodies escaping torrential rains rushes inside...tavern fills up quickly... suddenly recognize faces...::

Steve! Dazz! what the?? :: quickly told the road has washed out and this was the only place with lights on. Frantic Calls to the owner goes no-where while trying to sort out everybody. Discarded bits of clothes everywhere...

the racket of voices, scraping chairs, etc becomes deafening... guitar chords are strum... a sax wails... Johnny has somehow gotten on stage!:: "uhh uhh..."

"We gonna have a concert for each other!" Huh???HERE???

1. Johnny Rivers - Slow Dancin - Live - Low audio

YouTube - Johnny Rivers - Slow Dancin'

:: cheers erupt from the few patrons left in the bar and the mass of humanity making up various bands; suspects a little competitive spirit has been building and is now surfacing, hence a concert for each other::

2. Glen Campbell - Southern Nights - live 197??

YouTube - GLEN CAMPBELL - Southern Nights

3. Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real - 1978 (Live)

YouTube - Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real

4. Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

YouTube - Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band

:: the band barely finishes when out pops up Shaun... bar falls silent then someone asks "Where you come from?" which Shaun ignores to the encouraging screams of those few patrons left...:: "Go on cutie Shaun! thats a pretty baby... you sing!"

5. Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll - Low Audio -(within a movie so will have interruptions)

YouTube - Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll (1977)

:: this excites the group, The Emotions, tho one has a sore throat and is slow to rise; Thelma sees this and blocks them as she... (she always wanted to be on stage with Shaun)... zooms on the stage, stands in front of a startled Shaun and sings::

6. Thelma Houston - Don't leave me this way - (Live)- kinda low quality

YouTube - Thelma Houston - Don't leave me this way

7. The Floaters - Float on - Live

YouTube - the floaters - float on

8. KC & The Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man - Live

YouTube - KC & The Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man

9. Heatwave - Boogie Nights - 1976 - Live (low quality video)

YouTube - Heatwave Boogie Nights (1976)

:: Owner arrives and tries to call intermission, glancing nervously at the wall clock... too late... Last set's started...::

1. Sanford Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire - Live 1977

YouTube - Sanford Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire

2. Bread - Lost without your love - audio only

YouTube - Lost without your love - Bread

3. Marshall Tucker Band - Heard it in a love song - 1978 Live

YouTube - Heard it in a love song Marshall Tucker

4. The Emotions - Best of my love - (extremely low quality of video)

YouTube - The Emotions - Best of my love
or
audio only
The Emotions – Best of my Love – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

5. Dazz - Brick - 1976 (audio only)

YouTube - Brick-Dazz (12inch)

6. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - Live

YouTube - Dreams "Live" Fleetwood Mac

Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM

158 posts, read 515,826 times
~giggling hysterically and quite enjoying the tale of the bands~

Mr. Mam, Sir, i must come back this evening and go through each song since i have run out of time for lunch. Know, Sir, that i truly appreciate the time You took to present such a variety of music in a humorous way!

~giggling at the thought of Thelma singing to Shaun on stage~

i understand the depth of Your giving and sincerely thank You for Your time taken to expose all, including myself, to the magical wonder of '70s music.

~curtseys deeply, tilts head in Mr. Mam's direction... stands and is very happy!~

It's astounding the amount of exposure in so little time whether in this thread or others ... i truly owe all such a debt for contributing to my education and granting me such a gift. Thank You. ~smile~

Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:: hmmm Led Zepplin is playing their last U.S concert because... tavern door flies open ... looks up, newspaper falls, half stand... a huge crowd of bodies escaping torrential rains rushes inside...tavern fills up quickly... suddenly recognize faces...::

Steve! Dazz! what the?? :: quickly told the road has washed out and this was the only place with lights on. Frantic Calls to the owner goes no-where while trying to sort out everybody. Discarded bits of clothes everywhere...

the racket of voices, scraping chairs, etc becomes deafening... guitar chords are strum... a sax wails... Johnny has somehow gotten on stage!:: "uhh uhh..."

"We gonna have a concert for each other!" Huh???HERE???

:: cheers erupt from the few patrons left in the bar and the mass of humanity making up various bands; suspects a little competitive spirit has been building and is now surfacing, hence a concert for each other::

3. Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real - 1978 (Live)

YouTube - Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real

:: the band barely finishes when out pops up Shaun... bar falls silent then someone asks "Where you come from?" which Shaun ignores to the encouraging screams of those few patrons left...:: "Go on cutie Shaun! thats a pretty baby... you sing!"

5. Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll - Low Audio -(within a movie so will have interruptions)

YouTube - Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll (1977)

:: this excites the group, The Emotions, tho one has a sore throat and is slow to rise; Thelma sees this and blocks them as she... (she always wanted to be on stage with Shaun)... zooms on the stage, stands in front of a startled Shaun and sings::

6. Thelma Houston - Don't leave me this way - (Live)- kinda low quality

YouTube - Thelma Houston - Don't leave me this way

:: Owner arrives and tries to call intermission, glancing nervously at the wall clock... too late... Last set's started...::

2. Bread - Lost without your love - audio only

YouTube - Lost without your love - Bread

4. The Emotions - Best of my love - (extremely low quality of video)

YouTube - The Emotions - Best of my love
or
audio only
The Emotions – Best of my Love – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

5. Dazz - Brick - 1976 (audio only)

YouTube - Brick-Dazz (12inch)

6. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - Live

YouTube - Dreams "Live" Fleetwood Mac
Frankly, i learned something from all of the songs but, specifically, what i learned was the power of the lyrics, sincerity, and the power of the singer. What gives the power to the song is its root in true experience, and not just the lyrics, because there seems to be a truth even in the construction of the music itself. Meaning that whether it's chord progression, the selection of the various ways instruments are used to convey emotion, the beauty that i feel and sense is that the musicians, creator of the music, and singer are one in conveying the universal truth of what is sung. That truth then either resonates within my own emotional truth of experience or not, and i'm left with authentication that i never had before.

i'm grateful for the women singers selected; for each of them nakedly (with no pretense or emotional dis-involvement) affirms a universal internal truth of emotional expression (reality) which i have found nowhere else. Within their music is the permission to freely encapsulate the incarnation of that song's emotional truth.

Mr. Mam, what You teach and show is subtle, nonverbal, poignant, and universal--that all that a song is composed of, down to how a note is played, is a discovery of ourselves in that form. Of course in Western culture, there is the tendency to approach through the mind, but through these women's ways of expression and conveyance did i recognize me, my words, my heart, my own soul, being shared with the world through them. That is there was no them and me, only us and we. There is so much i wish to add, but maybe through another medium. Maybe it would be considered too personal for a thread, a forum.

I really enjoyed Shaun Cassidy's song and imagining Thelma so filled with awe, passion, and that feeling of ecstatic bliss provoked within her through Shaun's words, presentation, etc., that she runs on stage immediately singing her song. ~giggles~ i'm not sure how the world would see it, but i found it absolutely beautiful and suspect in Your imagination You thought so too. ~smile~

Thank You so much, Sir, for exploring, showing, revealing music through the heart of love. i noticed You speak only of what You love, and hence why for the soul and creature i am, such a Spirit makes the best Teacher.

i love the 70's and never knew this before coming here. ~peals of laughter~ Again, thank You, for the time taken in posting.

Blessed Be heaven's beauty found everywhere.

~curtseys deeply before Mr. Mam~

May You find the peace in music You so willing share with others this night, Sir. Amen.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:09 AM

I only have seconds since I created a new thread in political Ms. Cellie...

::enters the tavern, sees you and walks over with a smile::

Thank you sooo much for your kind words and know they are an encouragement to Me... it inspires Me to become a more loving Man this day if not everyday... but is not that the gift of women to the world... to inspire refinement in the human race? And yet this brings us to music... one of the sweetest art-forms given to human beings...

You are right tho... I will only share what I honestly love... hatreds tho few I keep to myself...

And now Ms. Cellie... if you can leave a posting of songs from the 70s that inspired/inspires you... (I noticed you really enjoyed the music from 6 Foot 3's selection about desert sands... :: smile :: ... so maybe that's included... but I ask maybe 4 songs?)

It takes me at least two songs to "feel" oneness with the creator of the picks generally... Thank you deeply for your Blessings as well Lady. I am already late... :: bows ::

:: leaves the Tavern with a smile ::

Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,521,557 times
Too many pages to go through, but has anyone mentioned Jethro Tull?

Thick as a Brick
Aqualung
Bungle in the Jungle

All very, very good songs.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,210,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Too many pages to go through, but has anyone mentioned Jethro Tull?

Thick as a Brick
Aqualung
Bungle in the Jungle

All very, very good songs.
Ah, to many those represent late, pop-chart JT. The Living in the Past album was the end of JT for me.

Earlier JT always reminded me of deepest winter and a cold apartment kitchen - sort of a Withnail and I atmosphere...

YouTube - Jethro Tull- To Cry You A Song

Cheap Day Return

YouTube - Jethro Tull - Life's A Long Song, 1971 - The Minstrel Looks Back 2-DVD

Old 02-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ah, to many those represent late, pop-chart JT. The Living in the Past album was the end of JT for me.

Earlier JT always reminded me of deepest winter and a cold apartment kitchen - sort of a Withnail and I atmosphere...

YouTube - Jethro Tull- To Cry You A Song

Cheap Day Return

YouTube - Jethro Tull - Life's A Long Song, 1971 - The Minstrel Looks Back 2-DVD

::takes a quick duck into the tavern and sees Jethro on stage singing... wow! Jethro hasn't been in here in like forever!... makes way to Ms. Delusianne table and noding to her and others, leans 'gainst the wall listening to the words... like liquid knowledge...::

:: Jethro flows from one song to the next... Life's a long song... sees chair empty at her table and sits down... leans back and let his words wash thru Me... exhales for what seems like days and too soon it is over::

Thank you Ms. Delusianne for inviting Tull over to sing (providing links since on break and saved time)... I go back with what feels like also a spiritual blessing gifted upon Me somehow... ::flashes a quick smile then stands and bows::

Gifts we all are to one another if we Will it so... Thank you Ms. :-) ::waves then making way thru the crowd... hurries out the door before the magic leaves... (watch goes off in real) ::

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 02-12-2009 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Sir, i found that my feelings changed from afternoon to evening into the night and with it the selection of songs. ~ blushes deeply.. excited tweety bird feelings swoon through senses... coupled with attacks with bouts of shyness yet overcoming all enough to present ~

~ glove-laced fingertips goes to throat lightly then back to center ~

It is a privilege to have the opportunity to present songs, gifts received by the soul itself. In journeying the road to completion of my joyful task ~eyes smiling~ i encountered excitement, nervous moments, a growing confidence, and many choices before a decision was made. This experience revisited me many times.

~ curtseys and presses hand to heart honoring Mr. Mam then moves to play each song ~

Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face 1972

YouTube - "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" ♫♫

Olivia Newton John - Hopelessly devoted to you

YouTube - Olivia Newton John - Hopelessly devoted to you

The Main Ingredient - Spinning Around

YouTube - THE MAIN INGREDIENT - SPINNING AROUND (70's Soul)

Lionel Richie and Diana Ross - Endless Love

YouTube - My Endless Love

Old 02-12-2009, 09:31 PM

32,977 posts, read 36,484,630 times
I had to think about this. Had to distinguish between the songs that I liked in the 70's from the songs which I came to like later which were from the '70's and the others which I came to despise.

Off the top of my head, Bad Finger, Baby Blue, Todd Rundgren, A Dream Goes On Forever. Selected tunes from Eagles On the Border album, Carol King Tapestry, Neil Young's Harvest, Crosby, Stills & Nash, most of the songs. OK, that came out in 1969 but I didn't hear it until 1970.

Still thinking.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,658,447 times
Another great 70's song and music video .

YouTube - ABBA - Knowing me, knowing you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.