Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 03:06 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,054,374 times

Advertisements

Somebody started a thread about this movie but I can't find it.
Anyway, it was pretty crude in parts, even for me, an arrested adolescent, but its heart was pure and it was quite funny and sweet.
Anyone else see it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 05:10 PM

550 posts, read 2,827,012 times
I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD. I thought the plot line was very brave basing it on a one night stand. Is it good?

Old 06-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD. I thought the plot line was very brave basing it on a one night stand. Is it good?
I thought it was good.
Obviously it is not the first movie to base its plot on a one night stand.
In this new take, the writing was fresh, the acting was excellent, and the characters quite endearing. The pacing was good, too--the movie never dragged.
However, as I said before, I can tend to be an arrested adolescent type, but even for me there were a few parts that were on the crude side.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:59 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,307,586 times
Kind of like "The 40-Year Old Virgin" (done by the same folks) which certainly goes out of bounds at times but I found it to be one of my favorite comedies EVER......

If 'Knocked Up' is even half of what 'Virgin' was I'll be satisfied.....

Old 06-10-2007, 01:42 PM

894 posts, read 4,352,724 times
My husband and I saw this last weekend. I thought it was a cute movie, he thought it was good, and my 19year old son thought it was great.

I probably only thought it was "cute" was because the leading male character somewhat reminded me of my son...So I guess I was a little uncomfortable in watching some of it, LOL

Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,458,580 times
Someone wrote to the local paper in Cincinnati and complained that the movie was too raunchy and that it was inappropriate for kids. Oh really? Who'd thunk it?!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Someone wrote to the local paper in Cincinnati and complained that the movie was too raunchy and that it was inappropriate for kids. Oh really? Who'd thunk it?!
heh
Especially with a title like that.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,651,318 times
It is definitely the kind of trash the popular culture is "satisfied" with and comes to expect and want in their viewing "pleasure". So I will just stick to the predictable classics, so as not to pay $10 for an evening of nausea.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It is definitely the kind of trash the popular culture is "satisfied" with and comes to expect and want in their viewing "pleasure". So I will just stick to the predictable classics, so as not to pay $10 for an evening of nausea.
I was not merely "satisfied" with this movie:I quite liked it, and it certainly was not trash. Yes it had its boys-will-be-boys moments but OTOH it was no chick flick, which to me can often be a true source of nausea.
As I said earlier in the thread, this movie had many fine points, including excellent acting and good, snappy dialogue. Would I take a 10 year old to it?
Um, no.
Plenty of predictable classic movies are good, plenty are so-so.
If you prefer to stick with what you are familiar with, lilypad, okay, but IMHO it's your loss because there are good movies out there which are not as old (or older) as I am.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,235,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Kind of like "The 40-Year Old Virgin" (done by the same folks) which certainly goes out of bounds at times but I found it to be one of my favorite comedies EVER......

If 'Knocked Up' is even half of what 'Virgin' was I'll be satisfied.....
I'm with ya. That movie (40 year) had me on the floor clutching my sides. It was hard to come up for air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies