Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 11:25 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,356,272 times

Advertisements

I totally agree with the critics on this movie. I saw it when it was in theaters. There is no way I would rent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 07:13 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,270,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I totally agree with the critics on this movie. I saw it when it was in theaters. There is no way I would rent it.
there's no way i would rent it, let alone drop ten bucks plus popcorn at a theater - based on the trailer...and the title.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:44 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,190,039 times
Horrible movie. The three sequels can't touch the original. The original was so good because it looked real and like it could really happen. The second movie was a lot more polished, but still had that "it really could happen" vibe. The third movie was wretched. There were lots of plot holes and areas where you had to suspend disbelief and it was the same with Salvation. I mean come on...did you see how at the end the terminator skeleton just threw John around? Why not grab his throat and rip it out and be done with it? Skynet goes to all this trouble to try to track down and kill John and when one of the machines has him in his grasp it can't finish the job. And did you see the machines wearing clothes and bandanas? Why would machines wear that stuff? It was completely unbelievable.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:11 AM

113 posts, read 176,673 times
i also liked it very much...This is a superb movie you have ever watched...

Old 01-15-2010, 11:13 AM

11,157 posts, read 29,396,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
Horrible movie. The three sequels can't touch the original. The original was so good because it looked real and like it could really happen. The second movie was a lot more polished, but still had that "it really could happen" vibe. The third movie was wretched. There were lots of plot holes and areas where you had to suspend disbelief and it was the same with Salvation. I mean come on...did you see how at the end the terminator skeleton just threw John around? Why not grab his throat and rip it out and be done with it? Skynet goes to all this trouble to try to track down and kill John and when one of the machines has him in his grasp it can't finish the job. And did you see the machines wearing clothes and bandanas? Why would machines wear that stuff? It was completely unbelievable.
the end sucked but the first bit was good but after kyle get taken it goes downhill why did they not just shoot him on site cause he is john conners dad the second one was the best by far

Old 01-16-2010, 09:33 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,082,776 times
At home as a rental, sitting on couch, with some popcorn and lady... 'tis ok movie. Sad to say that,,, however, otherwise

Yet, it is still better than Independence Day

Old 01-17-2010, 06:40 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,255,306 times
Whats so unrealistic about a hot babe as a fighter pilot?

Old 01-17-2010, 06:55 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,130,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
How is career going down hill? He did one bad movie. He has had a ton of success.

Public Enemies
Dark Knight
Rescue Dawn
American Psycho
The Prestige
The Machinist

A few other gems that werent blockbusters but still
But is he memorable in any of those or could any actor have done them successfully?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:03 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,654,149 times
Quote:
after kyle get taken it goes downhill why did they not just shoot him on site cause he is john conners dad
I don't think the machines ever learned that Kyle Reese is John's father, Sarah and John kept that secret.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,103,402 times
I liked T1, then T2 even better, I disliked T3 so much it made me hate the whole franchise, so I wasn't in any hurry to see T4.

But I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. No groundbreaking acting, but no stinking either. Great effects, some even interesting. Being set in the future, and having a larger cast, the movie had a different feel from the others, which I enjoyed.

The movie did suffer from a somewhat weak story and a number of plot holes though, esp towards the end; I'm sure all fanboys, inc myself, feel they could have written it better. But still, it was better than most "sci-fi" blockbusters in recent years. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies