Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:08 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,551 times

Advertisements

me,

1. Blood, Guts, Bullets, and Octane (by Joe Carnahan - was made for $7500. is like a cross between Reservior Dogs and The Usual Suspects; lacks the big name or even good actors, but has a better story than both.)
2. Smokin' Aces (also by Joe Carnahan - movie trailer failed to do justice to this movie. Jeremy Piven is awsome in it)
3. Lock Up (with Stallone - Rocky goes to Jail)
4. Near Dark (sort of a Vampire move, came out at the same time as The Lost Boys; way better and way less stupid than The Lost Boys)
5. Fire In The Sky (alien abduction movie. i thought the acting and plot were pretty solid)
6. The Stoned Age (anybody who thinks Dazed and Confused a better movie than this has their head up their ass)
7. In Hell (a bad, straight to DVD Van Damme movie - stupid at the begining, stupid at the end, supprisingly descent and supprisingly brutal in the middle.
8. The Punisher (gets pretty bad reviews and is not well heralded by comic book movie marks [nerds] but i would have to say that it is the most watchable of the new wave of comic book movies [meaning the flood of movies since Spiderman]
9. Batman Begins (i'm not a big fan of the Batman character, which i find to be a selfish, childish fantasy, but i will say i liked movie. so much better on every level than the tragically overrated The Dark Knight)
10. Confessions of a Serial Killer (just a B flick evidently. i have it on VHS, but i havnt been able to find it on DVD. it's about serial killer, Henry Lee Lucas. probably the most disturbing movie ive seen)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 05:46 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,690,478 times
I really hated the punisher. Actually which Punisher? I hated both i guess it doesent matter. My friends loved it though.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,388,367 times
Dr. Strangelove. I have to wait until my wife is out to watch it. Also, music oriented movies, like "Hair", "The Wall", "The Rose"...

Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,547,073 times
Were The World Mine...which most people seem to dislike....
YouTube - "Were the World Mine" from Were the World Mine (Movie Clip) .

Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,557,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Were The World Mine...which most people seem to dislike....
YouTube - "Were the World Mine" from Were the World Mine (Movie Clip) .
I saw this one recently and I thought it was pretty good

Old 10-28-2009, 02:22 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,636,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I really hated the punisher. Actually which Punisher? I hated both i guess it doesent matter. My friends loved it though.
I am wondering the same thing. Here are how the Punisher movies rate with me:

1. I really liked Punisher: War Zone even though it doesn't seem very popular. Punisher is a hard character to make popular because of his world view and actions.
2. I like The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren and Louis Gossett Jr. Not because it was good but because it was really bad.
3. I hated The Punisher with Thomas Jane.

Other movies I like that a lot of others don't:

1. Striking Distance This movie has a rating of 16% on RT so that it is a pretty good indicator most people didn't like it. I thought it was a decent actioner.
2. Speed Racer I really don't understand what the complaints are about. This is a movie about a guy in a ridiculously unbelievable race car. You just have to suspend a lot of disbelief to enjoy the movie.
3. Godzilla Sure, Matthew Broderick is not much of an actor but I liked this flick.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:27 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,199,524 times
Dr. Strangelove
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Rescue Dawn
Vision Quest
Pacific Heights
The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!
Cold Turkey
Most westerns...I seem to like nearly all of them more than most folks I know.

...and I'm there with the Op on Blood, Guts, Bullets, and Octane.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:44 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,265,551 times
Quote:
The Punisher (gets pretty bad reviews and is not well heralded by comic book movie marks [nerds] but i would have to say that it is the most watchable of the new wave of comic book movies [meaning the flood of movies since Spiderman]
i like the one with Thomas Jane.

-i assume the Dolph Lungren one is pretty bad because it's a Dolph Lungren movie.
-based on the trailer, the newest one looks too stupid to watch.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:26 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,380 times
-Snatch
-This is England
-Children of Men
-Summer of Sam
-Darwin Awards
-Dr Strangelove

Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,578,967 times
54... Most people seem to not like that movie, but I loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies