Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,638,002 times

Advertisements

Maybe y'all are right about The Warriors but the bit about being on a train and missing a stop seemed pretty specific.

Here is another suggestion, I can't remember if it dealt with a subway or not but I know it fits in with the whole man-on-the-run-from-a-gang theme. Enemy Territory. A pretty bad movie but at least it had Tony Todd in it. Plus Ray Parker, Jr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM

5 posts, read 7,937 times
Default Thanks for the guess

Big city is correct, however the movie I am thinking of is not Escape from New York or Falling down(both good movies). I think the man had missed his stop, and when he got off the train he was in a part of the city that gets closed down. Somethings happen, and he has some bad words with a gang. This gang begins to chase him. I can remember most of the movie, but somewhere in my brain is the title. If someone could get close I would be happy. Thanks everyone

Old 07-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Maybe y'all are right about The Warriors but the bit about being on a train and missing a stop seemed pretty specific.

Here is another suggestion, I can't remember if it dealt with a subway or not but I know it fits in with the whole man-on-the-run-from-a-gang theme. Enemy Territory. A pretty bad movie but at least it had Tony Todd in it. Plus Ray Parker, Jr.
Enemy Territory sounds close, but I honestly do not think that is the movie I am thinking about. Thanks

Old 07-30-2009, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,254 times
I'm pretty sure you are talking about Scorsese's After Hours (1985). Everything else seems to fit except Michael Douglas - but if he was in the film, you would have found it already.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essayeah View Post
I'm pretty sure you are talking about Scorsese's After Hours (1985). Everything else seems to fit except Michael Douglas - but if he was in the film, you would have found it already.
Actually the movie I am thinking about is not a comedy but more of drama. If I can remember correctly their are a couple murders in the movie. Thanks for the suggestion

Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,878 times
Are you sure Michael Douglas was in it?

Here's a list of his films; none of them sound like what you're describing but I may be wrong.

Michael Douglas (I)

Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 AM

7,121 posts, read 5,236,043 times
Quote:
I have been thinking about this movie for a couple of years now still no luck. From what I can remember is the main character (who I thought was Michael Douglas) was on the train and missed his stop. When he finally got off the train he ended up in a locked part of downtown. He cannot find his way out and ends up being chased by a gang throughout the movie. The movie could have been during the late 1980's through the early 1990's.

This has a couple on the run. I'll go ahead and suggest it, just to eliminate another movie:
Final Jeopardy (1985 TV movie)
starring Richard Thomas, Mary Crosby
IMDb synopsis:
A small-town couple find themselves stranded in an unfamiliar and unfriendly big city. Weaving in and out of the proceedings are a bunch of murderous gang members with names such as DOA, Ice and Slash. The couple are in for a night that they won't forget.
IMDb review excerpt:
It revolves around Thomas' character going to the big city for a job interview, and he goes to the wrong bar to meet his would-be boss. By the time he finds this out, it's an hour after the time they were suppossed to meet, and his car is locked in the parking area until 6 the next morning. His wife comes to meet him, and, before he can tell her to stop the cab she brought, it leaves, and they are stranded.

Yes, there are too many differences, aren't there? Well, my brain isn't cooperating, perhaps because it's past 4 a.m.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,886,782 times
It's not "The Warriors"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies