Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:32 AM

29,096 posts, read 30,634,151 times

Advertisements

I watched in amazement, the movie last night and found it to be absolutely beautiful...the music was enchantinly magical, the screen play was astonishingly done...above all that, the aging processes in both Benjamin and Daisy were exceptional. The make up artists should have been nominated for an academy. Lest we forget, the acting was beyond what I had expected...Brad Pitt was the inventor of Benjamin Button and made him come to life with his blankly projected virtue and simplicity....Astounding...philosophical project which in my mind, will become perhaps a classic...by the way, I have never seen Cate Blancett more attractive or effervescent. I'm going to view it again, just to catch what I probably missed. Also, the blind watchmaker brings to mind, which I will have to research, a theory that life was infact created by some timekeeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 AM

8,145 posts, read 10,790,935 times
I watched it a couple of nights ago - couldn't even bring myself to put it on pause for just a minute to throw some laundry in because I was so drawn in to the story. The cinematography was absoloutely stunning, and the story so absorbing.

My daughter works at a video rental place and so we get all the free movies we want to rent. I hardly finish watching any because they are just so lame. This was the absolute best movie I have seen in a very long time. Brad Pitt should have won the Academy Award for best actor, hands down. He is definitely a gifted actor, pretty face aside.

Both of my teenagers also really liked this movie. Amazing, movies really don't have to be filled with violence, smut, and the "F" word to appeal to young people. I have been recommending this movie to others, and those who have watched it, love it.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I watched it a couple of nights ago - couldn't even bring myself to put it on pause for just a minute to throw some laundry in because I was so drawn in to the story. The cinematography was absoloutely stunning, and the story so absorbing.

My daughter works at a video rental place and so we get all the free movies we want to rent. I hardly finish watching any because they are just so lame. This was the absolute best movie I have seen in a very long time. Brad Pitt should have won the Academy Award for best actor, hands down. He is definitely a gifted actor, pretty face aside.

Both of my teenagers also really liked this movie. Amazing, movies really don't have to be filled with violence, smut, and the "F" word to appeal to young people. I have been recommending this movie to others, and those who have watched it, love it.
I believe after hearing feedback from others, that you need to be somewhat philosopically inclined? But I agree with you wholeheartidly. Going to watch it again. I loved Meet Joe Black and Forest Gump, and this one is right up there with them.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:59 AM

13,392 posts, read 45,226,485 times
Here is the thread I started about it last winter
There was quite a variety of different opinions about it.
As I said in that thread, I thought the movie was too long, but I thought Brad Pitt did a fine job in the role.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,330,134 times
We just watched this the other night, and while I thought it very well done, found it on the bland side also, and too long.

I don't know why, as the actor's were all good and enjoyed seeing Julia Armond again, but it just didn't do it for me.

Did read through your earlier thread BlueWillowPlate .. where I picked up the word bland, lol. Thanks for providing that, interesting feedback from everyone.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Here is the thread I started about it last winter
There was quite a variety of different opinions about it.
As I said in that thread, I thought the movie was too long, but I thought Brad Pitt did a fine job in the role.
Didnt' think it was long at all, as I was taken hostage by the special effects

Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 AM

145 posts, read 303,150 times
It was okay but it was to long. The actors did a good job but to me it was like it would never end so I could get on with my own life.I did not want to be rude to my husband that insisted we watch it.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 AM

the part where he was writing a letter to his daughter and telling her how to live her life, I thought was wonderful advice.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:45 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,319,515 times
I have to say, I am not one of these emotional guys by any means far from. However the end of this movie was so sad to me. It was a great movie all around but the end something about not being able to raise your daughter and know there is nothing you can do. I could not imagine not being in my daughter life. A great movie.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,335,257 times
I watched it, like it, but wouldn't watch it again.

I couldn't see the Forrest for the Gump, so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies