Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Figure Scares You The Most In A Movie?
A Vampire 1 2.94%
A Werewolf 0 0%
A Zombie 4 11.76%
A Witch/Warlock 0 0%
A Demon/Entity 29 85.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:03 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
What makes no sense: Is the main monster they are missing...

The dreaded Mother-in-law

For some people, that's the scariest monster in the whole world
I'm with you there, no supernaturel monster can compare to the MIL , especially mine. I would rather take on a a herd of bloodthirsty vampires, tackle some hell bent demons than spend hal an hour with that woman...
These creatures just have no idea how scary, scary can be !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 AM

231 posts, read 701,527 times
Wink Ahhh someone with my sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I'm with you there, no supernaturel monster can compare to the MIL , especially mine. I would rather take on a a herd of bloodthirsty vampires, tackle some hell bent demons than spend hal an hour with that woman...
These creatures just have no idea how scary, scary can be !

Touche'

Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,617 times
Demon/entity. I'll NEVER get over Linda Blair spewing green stuff and her head spinning and I was 25 when I watched that movie all the way through! The other stuff is all fake but if you have any belief in the Bible you know that demons do exist. Not to mention is the idea of what you can't see that is really terrifying.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:44 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,224,162 times
I voted for Demon/entity and see that I'm not alone!
Actually maybe just evil. Evil that looks human.
Yea, I love sci fi, vampires, werewolves. I get scared and have fun.
Demon/evil spirit movies...I don't do them. Haven't for a long time.
I can't take it and have actually left movies half way.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
I don't consider the "zombies" from 28 Days Later to be real zombies, otherwise I would have picked (fast) zombies too.

I picked demon. for one reason, all the other ones, at one point, are/were human. not sure why that matter so much other than knowing a bit more what you're dealing with. a demon is as alien as, well, an alien! plus, there's something creepy about a being that came from Hell/another dimension versus something that lived once Earth as a normal human once upon a time

plus, I think pop culture has softened the image of vampires, witches, and werewolves. how can anyone really be afraid of Harry Potter, Angel and Spike from BTVS, and Edward and Jacob from Twilight? they're all so pretty/cute/cool!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
What, no "all of the above" choice?

Do all zombies eat brains or are some just relentless bad walkers or extremely fast runners who can also climb up buildings and love the nightlife? Are there any little old lady zombies, zombies in wheelchairs or out of shape zombies that, you know, you could outrun?

Are all werewolves naked men when they turn back into humans? That could be scary, especially if there is a pack of them and they are really hairy naked men when they change back.

Do vampires have bad bloody stinky breath no matter how good-looking they are?

Witches? C'mon, there were witches in the Wizard of Oz and that's not even a horrror movie.

Aren't demons just bad in the eye of the beholder? I mean, aren't you just demonizing a whole class of people because of a few bad ones? Have you not had your multicultural brainwashing in school, yet? Demons have rights, too, and I'm sure there are a gaggle of ACLU lawyers waiting to take you to court over this. We should respect their cultural differences to tear out of human bodies, emerge in churches from the floor flinging candles, pews and overturning statues and stabbing with crosses, flying away with little farm kids or teenagers, etc. In fact, we should create demon sanctuary cities to encourage them to report demon crime without penalty of banishment back to hell. AND, we should stop torturing them. That setting them on fire or throwing water on them to melt them or stabbing them until the green stuff comes out, or burning down a whole lair of them in some cave when they won't tell you where the emboweled bodies are or the cute teenage girls are that they have strapped to a table because they haven't eviscerated them yet, just has to stop. We should take them to the police station peacefully, mirandize them, give them a demon bible and special demon food while we hold them, and get them a lawyer courtesy of the taxpayer. Torture is not who we are as a people.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:08 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,262 times
I do think you should include a "Clown" section!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Exactly. He also left out dogs, and garden variety creatures (The Blob, The Thing, Alien, Pinhead/Cenobites and Freddy Kruger).

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post

Old 04-28-2009, 05:43 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
OMG totally! EEK!

I voted demon. The others seem to have a chance of getting beat - demons are all spooky, supernatural, and unbeatable. They can reach you wherever you are and transport you into a creepy other dimension. Ack - better stop before I give myself bad dreams!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:24 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh, I have one living right around the corner altho' this monster should live down in a cave It would definitely top the demon which I voted for the scariest. I could write a scary book about her and make millions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickeyDuck View Post
What makes no sense: Is the main monster they are missing...

The dreaded Mother-in-law

For some people, that's the scariest monster in the whole world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies