Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 06:36 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,721,970 times

Advertisements

Finally they're making a movie about it ! http://www.30kmillionaires.com/

And it's set in Dallas, TX of all places. Hopefully I don't see anyone I know on here . I'll need to see this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,938,775 times
great

Sadly, being in Dallas I see a lot of these types of people. Really is sad. I'll never forget when my sis was living in an apartment (VERY small studio) in Far North Dallas and I went over to drop off my lil one for her to babysit. These people at the pool acted like they were "IT" since they did afterall "live IN Far North Dallas" in a "premeir zipcode". Lowly, meager me lived in home w/ my husband that we sold back then for $110K and had two fairly new vehicles that were not "luxury" by any means but were nice. Boy, did they snub their noses. HAHAHAHAHA!!! As I laugh all the way to the bank w/ my equity from selling that house and moving on. Where are those $30K millionaires, probably still renting an apartment and leasing a car and never really owning anything.

As for seeing anyone I know, doubt it since they state that they are casting actors from out of LA. LOL!!! Please DO NOT give them fake Texas accents. These kinds of people do not have Texas accents as they are probably not even from here.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 AM

942 posts, read 2,586,312 times
what are 30k mllionaires??? Havent heard of that.
sorry just went to the web site...there are ALOT of those in Miami.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,104,234 times
I went to the website too because I was a bit confused. However, I certainly have met a few people like that. It is sad really. Up here we don't really have the 'fancy car' culture that there is out west (driving a beater or not having a car is more acceptable even by those who are image obsessed), but I know a few people who are wearing clothes from Prada and Barney's and blowing hundreds of dollars on 'bottle service' at fancy clubs that have no business doing so on their salaries.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,627,236 times
ugh--the Narcissism continues. Will we ever get a break from the superficial- I am sick of this tv trash- Paris Hilton started all this culture of plastic. What's really sad is 6 year olds think its cool. A sad commentary.

sunny

Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,997,260 times
When I made that kind of salary and lived in San Francisco, I never changed my lifestyle. I didn't run up credit cards, I didn't party at nightclubs (never had interest), but I did buy my first house when my salary was $32,000! I used my Veteran's Loan benefits I also bought my second truck on credit from Toyota with $1000 down and bought my washer on credit, etc. The house I bought didn't have an electric or gas hookup for a dryer, so I'd wash the clothes and then hang them on the trees out back ! But I paid all the non-auto debt off within a year and my truck was paid for two years later. I still shopped at K-Mart, bought my clothes at Target, and went to Wal-Mart for basics. I still have the little TV/VCR combo I bought at Wal-Mart in 1998 and am watching the news on it now!!!!

Old 08-07-2019, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 244 times
Default 30000/ year millionaires

I live in New Jersey and am looking for a good dealership to deal with. I went to East Coast Auto for my initial dealer encounter and was not happy. Any recommendations please.
Robert

Old 08-07-2019, 01:31 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,387,059 times
Scottsdale Arizona

Old 08-07-2019, 01:51 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,001,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
great

Sadly, being in Dallas I see a lot of these types of people. Really is sad. I'll never forget when my sis was living in an apartment (VERY small studio) in Far North Dallas and I went over to drop off my lil one for her to babysit. These people at the pool acted like they were "IT" since they did afterall "live IN Far North Dallas" in a "premeir zipcode". Lowly, meager me lived in home w/ my husband that we sold back then for $110K and had two fairly new vehicles that were not "luxury" by any means but were nice. Boy, did they snub their noses. HAHAHAHAHA!!! As I laugh all the way to the bank w/ my equity from selling that house and moving on. Where are those $30K millionaires, probably still renting an apartment and leasing a car and never really owning anything.

As for seeing anyone I know, doubt it since they state that they are casting actors from out of LA. LOL!!! Please DO NOT give them fake Texas accents. These kinds of people do not have Texas accents as they are probably not even from here.
Lol.... pot meet kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies