Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 07:24 PM

187 posts, read 116,632 times

Advertisements

Girlfriend and I watched the original and the sequel tonight. I was very surprised disney didn't push their woke bs with this movie. You had one scene with I assume were trans dressing up as the sisters and one gay couple but that was all I noticed first viewing.

Loved the original growing up and gotta admit, the ending made me a little nostalgic and sad knowing more than likely the original cast wouldn't be in anymore sequels if there is going to be any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,846,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler5874 View Post
Girlfriend and I watched the original and the sequel tonight. I was very surprised disney didn't push their woke bs with this movie. You had one scene with I assume were trans dressing up as the sisters and one gay couple but that was all I noticed first viewing.

Loved the original growing up and gotta admit, the ending made me a little nostalgic and sad knowing more than likely the original cast wouldn't be in anymore sequels if there is going to be any.
Well.....? Was it good? I watched the first one for the first time ever tonight. I wanted to see what all the hype was about and I gotta say, it did not live up to the hype. It was cute for kids from the 90's I guess because my kids love it. I like all the witch actresses and Penny and Garry Marshall cameos were great. It's so sad that so many of the actors are gone.

Old 10-01-2022, 07:24 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,981,962 times
Watched it last night. I thought it was funny and well done. Some laugh out loud moments.

Old 10-03-2022, 03:50 PM

599 posts, read 229,666 times
Attached Thumbnails
Hocus Pocus 2-hocuspocus2.jpg  

Old 10-06-2022, 08:54 AM

779 posts, read 360,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler5874 View Post
"EvErYtHiNg I dOn'T LiKe iS wOkE."

Old 10-09-2022, 05:36 PM

23,039 posts, read 28,540,866 times
I guess maybe I was just too old by the time the original came out, but I never saw the appeal of HOCUS POCUS. Yeah, the cast was great. But the movie itself was bad.

There are some movies that were not well-received upon initial release that later gained a justified following. HOCUS POCUS is not one of them. It was bad in 1993. It's bad now. So why a sequel?

Old 10-13-2022, 10:41 AM

37,439 posts, read 60,271,792 times
My grandson who is ten wanted to dress up as the Kathy Najimi character for Halloween
Not because he is trans but because he likes to shock people

Old 10-13-2022, 12:18 PM

19,936 posts, read 20,544,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I guess maybe I was just too old by the time the original came out, but I never saw the appeal of HOCUS POCUS. Yeah, the cast was great. But the movie itself was bad.

There are some movies that were not well-received upon initial release that later gained a justified following. HOCUS POCUS is not one of them. It was bad in 1993. It's bad now. So why a sequel?
I share this sentiment, I was in my teens and into more adult themes at the time, I guess. Zero interest then, zero interest now. If the kids are enjoying it, fine, but it's whatever lol.

At least Bette Midler isn't promoting a sequel for Beaches 2: Those Damn Beaches, @ It Again..

Old 10-13-2022, 12:50 PM

23,039 posts, read 28,540,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
At least Bette Midler isn't promoting a sequel for Beaches 2: Those Damn Beaches, @ It Again..

Old 10-15-2022, 09:12 AM

779 posts, read 360,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I share this sentiment, I was in my teens and into more adult themes at the time, I guess. Zero interest then, zero interest now. If the kids are enjoying it, fine, but it's whatever lol.

It's a kids movie. People forget that there are actual kids movies made for kids, not just Marvel movies that are taking previously kids related characters and making them PG 13 and even R movies because of getting a broader audience for more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies