Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 08:45 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times

Advertisements

Love The Road House movie especially with Sam Elliot and Patrick together, and the blonde female (?)
A great combination of team players.

There's something about Sam ...

Point Break was good too. Keep in mind, Patrick S is more physical ability; dancer, hyperactive, fast walking,
and fight movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDMulBw2t2k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 11:29 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The entire movie is a "flex" scene. A flex scene is a scene that exists for no other reason than to show or more of the characters "flexing" their coolness. Example: The beach volleyball scene in Top Gun. Half the scenes in Act 1 of Lethal Weapon. Or my favorites: The "let's flex our muscles" handshake in Predator, or Barry Bostwick on the flying motorcycle at the end of MEGAFORCE.
Correction, Top Gun is one entire flex scene. It's a showcase for Cruise. Road House sells itself as a showcase for Swayze, but it's actually an ensemble film. Sam Elliott steals, I mean steals, every scene he's in with Patrick. Ben Gazzara chews the scenery like the fat cat version of Darth Vader, but he's actually scary because he gets away with everything. Marshall Teague is Jimmy, Brad Wesley's (Gazzara) main henchman. The first time he "flexes," you know Dalton (Swayze) has met his physical match.

Plus, you get Jeff Healey in a cool support role, along with his band. John Doe of X as Pat, the slimy bartender who turns out to be Wesley's nephew. Kevin Tighe as Tilghman, the owner of the Double Deuce. And there are so many genuinely funny moments.

Cool trivia: MA legend Benny "The Jet" Urquidez trained Swayze for the film. He was so impressed by Swayze's kickboxing moves that he suggested he should compete professionally!

Quote:
I actually think Swayze was a better actor than most give him credit for, and he had a great scene presence.
A much better actor than most assume. He crushed it in his last role in the A&E series The Beast. I was so looking forward to the second season, but...you know. But I highly recommend that show. He got to do something different.

Quote:
But movies like Road House and Dirty Dancing are why he got the reputation for being a bit of a movie himbo.
Never been into Dirty Dancing. Unless it's a film like The Wanderers or The Outsiders, or a crime film, I don't generally gravitate toward films set in that era.

Quote:
Is that really the bar by which you measure a classic? "Hey, it was way better than MEGA FORCE!"
Haha. I said since. But since you mentioned it again, Megaforce isn't even as good as The Beastmaster.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:05 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
A much better actor than most assume. He crushed it in his last role in the A&E series The Beast. I was so looking forward to the second season, but...you know. But I highly recommend that show. He got to do something different.
I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quote:
Never been into Dirty Dancing. Unless it's a film like The Wanderers or The Outsiders, or a crime film, I don't generally gravitate toward films set in that era.
I have never been able to sit through all of Dirty Dancing. It's one of those movies that is so cluelessly bad that it makes me angry watching it.

The Wanderers and The Outsiders? Now you're talking classics.

Quote:
Haha. I said since. But since you mentioned it again, Megaforce isn't even as good as The Beastmaster.
Hey, I love The Beastmaster. Watch that and Hawk the Slayer, and you've got yourself a fine bad movie night.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:35 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
The Wanderers and The Outsiders? Now you're talking classics.
"Leave...the kid...alone!"

Quote:
Hey, I love The Beastmaster. Watch that and Hawk the Slayer, and you've got yourself a fine bad movie night.
The Beastmaster is much better than that, too! HTS is worth it for Jack Palance. He makes everything better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies