Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 12:32 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Basically, any star who’s a one trick pony.

Adam Sandler
Keanu Reeves
Jennifer Anniston
Liam Neeson (these days at least)

That’s not to say that I don’t enjoy some of their movies, but for the most part, they play it safe.
Adam Sandler (although he was good in Uncut Gems)
Bruce Willis
Jennifer Aniston
Robert Deniro (he has been making a couple of bombs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 06:03 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
Robert Deniro is very rich,he does not have to make movie .
Lawrence Olivier in his later years with poor health,took on supporting roles in trashy movies,why.he wants to leave some money to his kids.
Some are broke,remember Troy Donahue,he was once homeless in Central Park.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:45 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kroadking View Post
Not sure he's considered a "former" A lister........ But every movie I see Keanu Reeves in is worse than the last. And I think he's one of the top paid actors in Hollywood.
Say what?!? The John Wick movies have revitalized Keanu's career and have put him back on the A list. It's an EXTREMELY popular franchise and the movies are high quality, too.

Old 03-22-2021, 09:49 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot001 View Post
Jacky Chan made a few trash movies.
Jackie Chan made a really good movie with Pierce Brosnan in 2017 called "The Foreigner" that flew under the radar. Don't know anything else outside of that.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:15 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,922 times
Buster Keaton, arguably one of the greatest actors of the Silent Era and a genius in front of and behind the camera, had to resort to making some bad films as he got older, lost control of his own production company, and signing on with MGM for a series of 'comedies' that were made mostly to use his name to make money, and misused his tremendous talents.

No big start has ever done more dangerous stunts than Buster Keaton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWEj...FrameaPainting

Old 03-29-2021, 03:38 PM

1,300 posts, read 959,607 times
I've seen a few trailers for some of the low budget straight-to-video crap Bruce Willis is doing lately and wondered if he has somehow squandered his money like some others.

Another suspicion I have is that some old actors dont know when its time to move into support cast mode and want to remain the lead. Especially in action flicks. There comes an age when an older actor should be ready to embrace the mentor figure character to a younger lead. This is something that Sean Connery was able to do very well, in multiple movies starting in the 80s, and it nabbed him an Academy award for The Untouchables. I think that Bruce Willis wants to be the lead and cant accept backing up the young up and coming actor, as Connery was able to do with Costner, Snipes and Harmon

Old 04-02-2021, 05:00 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One never knows why some of these aging actors keep on working and working, and not finding something else to do with the rest of their lives.

It could be they may be married to a big spending wife, or are big spenders themselves, or they may have made some bad investments along the way, who really knows!!! And it could be they just like seeing their net worth climb and climb. I'm sure some of them have played the game: First time I make a million, I'm quitting. Then it's 2, 3, 4, 5,10, 20, 50, 100.

I'm retired, worked as a CNA and did massage for 35 years, and I have no desire to do either one again. On to new adventures.
If you're working a job you enjoy, it's not working. If you're hating what you're doing, I'd be doubtful you'll make $1M. Unless you inherit it, making a $M demands focus, dedication and motivation, not enjoying what you do always removes one of those demands.

That said you're not going to give away your time for free, even if you enjoy it.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:31 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
I saw Kim Bassinger in that 50 shades of Grey?
You are not going to see Eliz Taylor in any supporting movie or Sophia Loren.
OMAR Shariff played minor role in some movies ,but he is quite likable and he needs the money

Old 04-03-2021, 05:47 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
- John Travolta's toupee'

Old 04-03-2021, 11:46 AM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I saw Kim Bassinger in that 50 shades of Grey?
You are not going to see Eliz Taylor in any supporting movie or Sophia Loren.
OMAR Shariff played minor role in some movies ,but he is quite likable and he needs the money
Elizabeth Taylor and Omar Sharif are dead. Taylor’s acting career wound down starting in the 1970s and she did play supporting roles until retiring altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies