Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2021, 12:14 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

Truth in satire.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/02...htest-bribers/

Quote:
The Golden Globes celebrate Hollywood’s best and brightest bribers
1 HOUR AGO by ALESSANDRA VITE

This past Wednesday, the Hollywood Foreign Press released their hotly anticipated nominations for the 2021 Golden Globe awards. After delays due to the global pandemic, the nominations were finally announced, showcasing the who’s who of knowing how to properly bribe the **** out of a morally compromised Hollywood Foreign Press.

With shows such as Emily in Paris being celebrated while others like I May Destroy You being overwhelmingly snubbed, it was apparent that the most talented at writing kissass letters were the top contenders in this year’s nominations.

“The pandemic definitely made this year’s choices a challenge,” confirms HFPA member Hal Johalson. “But when the press got together over a Zoom call we realized, it couldn’t be easier to choose because Ryan Murphy sent us the biggest Edible Arrangements basket we had ever seen. It was nearly the size of the convertible Johnny Depp bought me when I pushed to nominate him for The Tourist back in 2011.”

While many entertainment outlets noted that this year’s nominations were definitely controversial, the Hollywood Foreign Press stands by their decisions because “James Corden gives amazing back rubs and it would be insane to turn that down and not nominate him.”

However, many producers and actors outright deny the allegations of bribery. In a 2020 interview with Netflix producer Johnny Notaweinstein it was mentioned that bribing is close to impossible in the time of Covid.

“Before Covid it was super easy and very possible, but in this post-pandemic world the mail is so slow,” Notaweinstein explained. “I was shocked they received my bag of diamonds to ensure Glenn Close snags that best supporting nod, otherwise why did we even make an excruciatingly offensive movie about hillbillies?”

While many in the industry do not even consider The Golden Globes a real award show, but just another way to get absolutely hammered on live tv, the majesty and the decadence of award shows is something the public claims to be clamouring for within this second wave of the novel Coronavirus. According to a poll, 72% of Canadians will watch the Golden Globes due to the daily threat of Netflix Canada removing The Office from their streaming service.

The Golden Globes will air Sunday, February 28th, and tune in to see all your favourite stars that are your only choice for being your favourite stars due to nepotism, blackmail and white supremacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 02:06 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckms View Post
It's important to not take these awards groups too seriously. Even without bribes, there are certainly click type situations.
All major industry awards are nothing but publicity stunts. It has very little to do with actually quality of the work. It has more to do with who has the best publicist.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:40 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
Ain't that about the truth.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:57 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
All major industry awards are nothing but publicity stunts. It has very little to do with actually quality of the work. It has more to do with who has the best publicist.
This years winner’s list is certainly proof of that.

Old 03-01-2021, 03:10 PM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Who cares about these people? The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has about 90 members who live the good live off their employers. They are based in SoCal and paid by their overseas employers to snoop around and see if they can get some headlines in US news outlets.

It's only 90 people. I find it amazing that people in the US give a d*** about what these few and foreign people think about our entertainment industry. I had more people at my wedding. And I'm sure they were more interesting.

It appears as if the last person who was refused membership in the ridiculous group was Kjersti Flaa from Norway. I guess that they are equal opportunity refusers, since I don't think that Flaa would have improved their diversity numbers.

Old 03-01-2021, 05:58 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
I didn't watch the awards. I never watch any of them. I just read who won the next day. It's all pretty boring to me but I guess it's nice for them to be recognized for the work they do in their craft.

One movie that I really do want to see and had no idea of its existence is Nomadland. Mostly because I really do enjoy Frances McDormand movies. She's such a talented actress and this one I bet she just shined in.

It's a fascinating lifestyle for those who can cut it. A number nomads that I used to check on through their YouTube channel have since settled down and are now in one spot. They admit, it's not an easy way to live. It might be fun to do short time but I don't think I'd make it if I had to do it for the rest of my life. Although, it beats living in a box under a freeway. But as many have said, they aren't homeless. They're just house-less.

At any rate, congrats to those who made any movie in 2020. It certainly was a challenging year for the motion picture industry as it was (and still is) for a lot of businesses.

Old 03-02-2021, 04:36 PM

10,359 posts, read 7,990,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
One movie that I really do want to see and had no idea of its existence is Nomadland. Mostly because I really do enjoy Frances McDormand movies. She's such a talented actress and this one I bet she just shined in.
It's a fabulous movie, and McDormond does shine in it. The cinematography is also stunning. But it's a slow-paced slice-of-life movie, so people who want a more structured plot in their films will be put off by it.

If you find you enjoy Nomadland, I also recommend checking out the director's earlier film The Rider.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:01 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Thank you. I will look for The Rider, too.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:05 AM

507 posts, read 277,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
It's a fabulous movie, and McDormond does shine in it. The cinematography is also stunning. But it's a slow-paced slice-of-life movie, so people who want a more structured plot in their films will be put off by it.

If you find you enjoy Nomadland, I also recommend checking out the director's earlier film The Rider.

Chao is also directing Marvel's Eternity now. First Asian woman and second woman winning Best Director of Golden Globe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies