Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times

Advertisements

Ajax got distracted. And then Ajax got arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 10:44 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Hello all. Hope all is well. Anyone out there have any memories or comments on the 1983 film, Bad Boys? Not counting all the Prohibition era films, for me Bad Boys was the original gangster film.
Since I now go regularly to Chicago, I've seen some of the location sites. Kind of cool. Unfortunately I emulated some of the actors and lifestyle at a young age ( 12 or 13), but hey, I lived to tell the story.
Anyone else a fan of this movie?
I would consider it more of a jail movie than a gang movie.

If you liked it, watch Dog Pound 2010.

You won't be dissapointed.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:20 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,252,251 times
jobaba, Hello. I had to look up Dog Pound. It appears to be a Canadian remake of a British film...

Sure, Bad Boys is about 75% filmed in the Correctional System. But they also show the lives of White, lack, and Hispanic "gangsters" and the grittiness of the urban life.

Actually, Chicago looks WAY more scarier in 1983 than in 2020! I've been to the neighborhoods shown in this film, and up until 1990-2000, they WERE some tough looking areas. Today they have changed (for the better)

Old 05-26-2020, 09:50 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times
This was a memorable film, it used a very successful theme for the day, underdogs fighting back against the bully. In Bad Boys, they do it with an exploding boom box and later, Penn takes them all on with a pillow case filled with unopened pop cans, and bashed some skulls.

Many other popular teen films used the same theme in different ways, because it's a winner. Over The Edge, My Bodyguard, Porky's, Christine, The Principal. Porky's had a lot more humor than the others I mentioned, but anchors itself on getting a well justified revenge on Porky at the end.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:37 AM

Bad Boys also had some decent music, if you're into music from that area. To this day, "In the dark" by Billy Squier is a favorite song of mine. It played in the scene when the drug deal gone bad occurs on Cermak near the Marshall Square ( I believe it's called Apollo, now). The Hispanic gets shot and crashes through the window of the barbershop. And last time I drove by, it is still a barbershop located there.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:03 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Bad Boys also had some decent music, if you're into music from that area. To this day, "In the dark" by Billy Squier is a favorite song of mine. It played in the scene when the drug deal gone bad occurs on Cermak near the Marshall Square ( I believe it's called Apollo, now). The Hispanic gets shot and crashes through the window of the barbershop. And last time I drove by, it is still a barbershop located there.
Wasn't there also another Billy Squier song? It was a brief scene where Sean Penn is playing a very cheap sounding electric guitar along to the music.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:26 PM

OzzyRules. You got it bro! That song is, "Everybody wants you." The mom asked him to turn down the volume. But he didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies