Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 04:35 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,137,908 times

Advertisements

They need to do a film on the Predator solely.

Humans vs an Extraterrestrial whose main purpose is to kill and has advanced Alien technology is not going to go very well for the humans.

Predator 1 was great. Predator 2 was ok. Although, Danny vs a Predator was a mismatch. Danny plus a LAPD team would have been a better match.

AVPs were hot trash. Predators (the Alien game world) was a nice concept but the story was awful. Not sure why they cast Adrien Brody as the lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 10:33 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,654,155 times
How do you spell BOMB?

Quote:
SATURDAY AM UPDATE: With an estimated $10.45 million on Friday, Fox's The Predator is on its way to a #1 finish at the weekend box office, but the result is far from what one would expect for a $100 million production opening in over 4,000 theaters. In fact, the studio is currently anticipating a $25 million three-day debut while others expect that total to reach $27+ million. No matter how you look at it this is likely to be the worst opening ever for a live-action film opening in over 4,000 theaters, taking the crown from last year's The Mummy, which opened in 4,035 theaters with $31.6 million. The Predator received a troubling C+ CinemaScore from opening day audiences.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4437&p=.htm

Old 09-15-2018, 10:40 AM

Ladies and Gentlefreaks: Shane Black.

https://twitter.com/MajinGokuBlack/s...31497521569792

Old 09-15-2018, 10:47 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,187,887 times
What a bunch of movie snobs. LOL

I saw it last night and loved it. The Predator is an amazing creature. The kid added an interesting twist, even though they were certainly using creative license in asserting that those on the spectrum have special powers, kind of like how some think blind people can hear better.

The jokes were great and one of my favorite parts of the movie. It was entertaining. What's the big deal?

Old 09-15-2018, 12:10 PM

This just in: liking a movie others don't like makes them snobs.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
This just in: liking a movie others don't like makes them snobs.
Wut? Try again, with the words in different order.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,699,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I tried watching the second one. I don't think I made it twenty minutes before giving up. It was action movie cliché after action movie cliché. So bad that it almost came across as parody.
One of the cliches I hated about the new Predator movie was the super smart kid...

Spoiler
This is mostly modern movies, young kids are depicted as being super intelligent, the kid in Predator is able to figure out the alien computer as soon as he turns it on, then in the end, the kid is working for some secret alien research group, his dad, making the comment about them giving him a desk! LOL

Older movies, like from the 70s, 80s and 90s, kids are depicted as very unintelligent, even to the point of being really stupid, in many movies!

Old 09-16-2018, 01:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,699,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What a bunch of movie snobs. LOL

I saw it last night and loved it. The Predator is an amazing creature. The kid added an interesting twist, even though they were certainly using creative license in asserting that those on the spectrum have special powers, kind of like how some think blind people can hear better.

The jokes were great and one of my favorite parts of the movie. It was entertaining. What's the big deal?
Im not a big fan of movies like this having bits of comedy added into them. the couple parts about one of the ex-military guys was really dumb, referring to the sexual comments he makes, first to Olivia Munn, and then when he is boarding the bus, he says "F&*K an ardvark in the face"...What was that supposed to be? DUH. LOL

Old 09-16-2018, 07:04 PM

804 posts, read 550,740 times
So it is going to be another SJW fem-Nazi ruined film. That is what it looks like from the poster design. Female predator. I could just see it. They are going to show them having sex, or even there children.

Predators needs to stay back in the 1990's where it belongs. By that the time when it takes place. Unless they do another cross over where we are in the future of the Alien world.

That being said the one great thing from all of this was the invention of the videogames ( AGAIN VIDEOGAME ) Predators vs. Aliens ). It was like Marvel V. Capcom where your partner turns on you in the end. So perfect.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not a big fan of movies like this having bits of comedy added into them. the couple parts about one of the ex-military guys was really dumb, referring to the sexual comments he makes, first to Olivia Munn, and then when he is boarding the bus, he says "F&*K an ardvark in the face"...What was that supposed to be? DUH. LOL
Duh, he had Tourette's. It was relevant to the plot, as the main character was plopped into his new "unit," made of misfit VA psych patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
So it is going to be another SJW fem-Nazi ruined film. That is what it looks like from the poster design. Female predator. I could just see it. They are going to show them having sex, or even there children.
From the poster design?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies