Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 10:05 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,974,649 times

Advertisements

F/X 1986 Rollie Tyler (Bryan Brown) is a special-effects expert for low-budget Hollywood movies. As gangster Nicholas DeFranco (Jerry Orbach) prepares to testify in court against his former bosses, FBI agents, fearing Nicholas will be killed by the mob before he can take the stand, decide to fake his assassination. The agents hire Rollie to use his special-effects skills to make the murder look believable.

F/X 2 1991 Former movie special effects expert Rollie Tyler (Bryan Brown) has now become a maker of elaborate toys. When a police officer asks him to use his special effects skills to help catch an elusive killer, he teams up with old friend and private investigator Leo McCarthy (Brian Dennehy).

I had forgotten about these movies until they popped up on Hulu recently. They are decent movies and I actually thought the storylines were enjoyable. That said, I would actually like to see these movies remade. I tend to hate remakes, but I can only imagine the cool special effects they could do now to really make the movies more exciting and suspensful.

And please if for some reason a big wig from some studio is reading this...

Please leave out the part in F/X 2 with the
Spoiler
clown
That is all. Thank you.

and one more thing... lets leave the 80's/90's sax music at home. We could get a much cooler score for the new movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 07:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,294,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
F/X 1986 Rollie Tyler (Bryan Brown) is a special-effects expert for low-budget Hollywood movies. As gangster Nicholas DeFranco (Jerry Orbach) prepares to testify in court against his former bosses, FBI agents, fearing Nicholas will be killed by the mob before he can take the stand, decide to fake his assassination. The agents hire Rollie to use his special-effects skills to make the murder look believable.

F/X 2 1991 Former movie special effects expert Rollie Tyler (Bryan Brown) has now become a maker of elaborate toys. When a police officer asks him to use his special effects skills to help catch an elusive killer, he teams up with old friend and private investigator Leo McCarthy (Brian Dennehy).

I had forgotten about these movies until they popped up on Hulu recently. They are decent movies and I actually thought the storylines were enjoyable. That said, I would actually like to see these movies remade.
They don't need to be remade. They're good enough as they are, although I've never seen F/X 2. except for bits and pieces.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:48 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,974,649 times
They probably don’t need to be remade, but with today’s special effects I would happily enjoy a remake.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:49 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,175,566 times
I enjoyed them when they first came out. Haven't seen them since. I'll watch anything with Dennehy anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies