Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 11:50 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times

Advertisements

Okay, for some reason this has been bugging me all morning. I'm looking for the title of a 1990s (I think, possibly late '80s) TV movie where an older man was raising a small family of adopted or foster kids passed away, and a teenage boy ran away with the kids so they wouldn't be split up. Something makes me think the patriarch was played by a notable actor (I thought it was Jason Robards but that doesn't seem to be the case) but I could be wrong about that.

There's a scene early in the movie (before the old man dies, I believe) where the teenager goes to a nearby orphanage to kidnap a child (I think they had heard that there wasn't enough room for him and they didn't want him to go to into the foster care system, but again I could be wrong) and almost doesn't because the kid turns out to be black (not because he was racist, the plan was to pass the kid off as a visiting family member).

I believe the old man died at home and nobody outside the family knew about it until after the kids left.

They took off in a pickup truck with a slide-in camper. They were staying in a motel when the authorities caught up with them.

So if any of this sounds familiar and you recall the name of this movie, please pass it along. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 02:36 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Six Pack (1982) - IMDb ?

Old 11-01-2017, 02:57 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Great movie, but no. And way too early. One of the trucks seen owned by the farmer in the movie, I don't remember if it was the one with the camper or the one they used to go to town, was a 1988 or later Chevy or GMC.

This is really driving me crazy. It must have been a really bad show, because I've used every keyword combination I can think of and it doesn't come up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies