Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2019, 08:01 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
BILL HADER? Hahaha! NO. I can't take him seriously. Train Wreck is as close as I get.
I hear you. I thought the same thing till I started watching BARRY. He's really good in it, and he's great at displaying a sense of awkward cerebralness that you really need for Reed Richards.

Quote:
Kristen Bell is doing Veronica Mars again, but I'm sure she'd take it if it was offered. But it should go to Emily Blunt.
Yeah, Blunt would be great in the role too.

Quote:
Grimm shouldn't be that hard. Not the human. Thing will be entirely CGI.
They will still need an actor onscreen for at least half an hour --- and to do the voice after. You can't just hand that to anyone. They need the right actor. Ron Perlman would be perfect if he were thirty years younger. Or Johnathan Banks if he were forty years younger.

Quote:
Johnny will likely be a nobody. They're not going to pony up for a big name.
Yeah, you're right. Because finding a relatively unknown actor has never worked for these kinds of roles.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:20 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,643,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I hear you. I thought the same thing till I started watching BARRY. He's really good in it, and he's great at displaying a sense of awkward cerebralness that you really need for Reed Richards.
Reed, at least the way John Byrne wrote him, was also capable of a certain...intensity. I doubt Bill can replicate that.

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Because finding a relatively unknown actor has never worked for these kinds of roles.
I guess you were offended because I used the word nobody in lieu of unknown. It's just a word. It doesn't mean the same as hasbeen. And they aren't going to pony up for a big name for Torchy.

Btw, Cavill wasn't a nobody when he got the gig. Not being A-list ≠ nobody.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Reed, at least the way John Byrne wrote him, was also capable of a certain...intensity. I doubt Bill can replicate that.
Have you watched BARRY?

Quote:
I guess you were offended because I used the word nobody in lieu of unknown. It's just a word. It doesn't mean the same as hasbeen.
Not the least bit offended. Just disagreeing.

Quote:
And they aren't going to pony up for a big name for Torchy.
I hope so. There are lots of great actors out there who are not (yet) household names.

Quote:
Btw, Cavill wasn't a nobody when he got the gig. Not being A-list ≠ nobody.
He wasn't a nobody, but he wasn't a big star either.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
He wasn't a nobody, but he wasn't a big star either.
And yet he had more credits and a higher profile than Jackman did when he was cast as Wolverine.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
And yet he had more credits and a higher profile than Jackman did when he was cast as Wolverine.
True. But Jackman wasn't the original choice for Wolverine. He was a very last minute replacement when Dougray Scott had to bow out due to scheduling conflicts and an onset accident.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:02 AM

Neither was Cavill. Cage was.

(Yes, it's a joke.)

Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,979,931 times
Quote:
BILL HADER? Hahaha! NO. I can't take him seriously. Train Wreck is as close as I get.

Kristen Bell is doing Veronica Mars again, but I'm sure she'd take it if it was offered. But it should go to Emily Blunt.

Grimm shouldn't be that hard. Not the human. Thing will be entirely CGI.

Johnny will likely be a nobody. They're not going to pony up for a big name.

Btw, Krasinski has directly expressed interest in playing Reed, so don't be surprised if...
Ehhh, I don't know. Sometimes Marvel hasn't been able to land those asking for a role. I think a few who promoted themselves openly for a role lost out (mainly due to talking out.) I think Doctor Strange was rumored to be someone else other than Cumberbatch at first, but then they couldn't land him. I think this was part of the reason why the 2014 ComicCon announcements were lack-luster and pushed to the Phase 3 announcement press conference.

Quote:
True. But Jackman wasn't the original choice for Wolverine. He was a very last minute replacement when Dougray Scott had to bow out due to scheduling conflicts and an onset accident.
I thought Russell Crowe was looked at as the original Wolverine...

Old 05-10-2019, 12:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=31tIScJZIH8

Old 05-10-2019, 12:40 PM

Looking forward to it, I am.

Old 05-11-2019, 02:04 PM

https://twitter.com/BatmanNewsCom/st...89339618004994
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies