Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:45 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times

Advertisements

Just what we 'wanted' right?

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/furious...204989857.html

Quote:
The latest entry in Universal’s blockbuster action franchise has been dated for April 14, 2017, the studio said in its presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.

“We’re going to make the best movie you’ve ever seen,” said Vin Diesel when announcing the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,697,582 times
They make to many of these..

Old 04-24-2015, 12:24 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,697,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
They make to many of these..

I would say so. Most big-time movie franchises top out at 3 movies but 8 movies? Good grief. I watched the first one because my friends kept raving about it and it was a real chore for me to even get through it. I can't imagine watching the latest one. They have to be totally out of ideas by now.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,952,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I would say so. Most big-time movie franchises top out at 3 movies but 8 movies? Good grief. I watched the first one because my friends kept raving about it and it was a real chore for me to even get through it. I can't imagine watching the latest one. They have to be totally out of ideas by now.
The funny thing is two and three were the worst. After Fast and Furious, they got really really good. That said, I am checked out unless this is a movie featuring the Hobbs character. The Toretto-O'Connor story finished PERFECTLY. If it's not Hobbs, I'm washing my hands clean because of how Paul Walker died.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:24 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,808,354 times
Then don't watch. I don't care what the subject is or how many they make of anything. It would be stupid not to make another one considering F7 is closing in on a billion dollars.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,952,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then don't watch. I don't care what the subject is or how many they make of anything. It would be stupid not to make another one considering F7 is closing in on a billion dollars.
2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift only had one original cast member each and Tokyo Drift only had a cameo. There was a music with Toretto and O'Connor that will more be missing. That is why two and three weren't that good compared to the later ones. Also just because you COULD make a sequel dint man you SHOULD.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:31 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,697,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Then don't watch I don't care what the subject is or how many they make of anything. It would be stupid not to make another one considering F7 is closing in on a billion dollars.
I dont watch, any of them.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:13 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,332,418 times
I haven't watched any of them but have heard that "Furious 7" was the perfect film considering the circumstances with Paul Walker. Now I am just as disappointed as an actual fan that they are making another one. I don't care how much money they make, have some respect to the story.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:52 PM

12,407 posts, read 8,192,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Right, a this point I would rather watch the next exploits of Dominic Toretto and racing family then the retelling of a Commander Bond story with a sixth star or a Jason Bourne, Impossible Mission Force , Jack Bauer....... trying to find another way to say our intelligence agents and political leaders are the actual bad people in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
I haven't watched any of them but have heard that "Furious 7" was the perfect film considering the circumstances with Paul Walker. Now I am just as disappointed as an actual fan that they are making another one. I don't care how much money they make, have some respect to the story.
An actual fan is disappointed? No we are already fantasy casting Furious 8. Since the series was spawned as a Point Break remake I nominate Keanu Reeves. After the character Ramsey named off the team members and their D&D roles in Furious 7 it makes perfect sense for Hobbs, Dwayne Johnson in full The Rock mode including using one of his finishing moves taking the ex cop or military team member role. Especially after introducing his daughter and having her stop just short of calling Vin Diesel uncle Dom.

Fast Five was probably the perfect film of the series and with the stories tied in the weaker episodes 2,3 and 4 look better in hindsight.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:41 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,808,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift only had one original cast member each and Tokyo Drift only had a cameo. There was a music with Toretto and O'Connor that will more be missing. That is why two and three weren't that good compared to the later ones. Also just because you COULD make a sequel dint man you SHOULD.
Most of that makes no sense to me. To the last line I say, because money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies