Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:54 PM

24,625 posts, read 17,362,758 times

Advertisements

If they do an Alien 5, I'd like to see it get back to the basics of the original. Alien was a hit because it was classic horror and suspenseful.
Aliens was just a fun romp and a good excuse to go blow stuff up.

I liked Alien 3 in that humans with limited means attempted to kill a superior killing machine.

Aliens 4 had a good premise, scientists trying to extract DNA from a clone of Ripley so they can grow an alien hybrid.. sounds cool, but it was made to resemble a comic book hero movie.

What was that other Alien movie that was supposed to be like a Prequal ?? It looked awesome in the trailer ads but left a bit to be desired.

Still I like the Alien franchise and if they want to do a #5 I will watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 02:09 PM

3,546 posts, read 3,748,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Why is Alien 3 aweful??

Because of the CGI??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I thought Alien3 was pre-CGI. I honestly can't remember. I haven't seen it since its theatrical release, and that has been years ago.
This was right at the point before CGI became a big thing, so most of the effects are not CGI. There are "making of" DVDs that come with the Alien: Quadrilogy set. I watched the one for Alien 3 and they stated that CGI was used in the opening when the vessel lands and at the end with a head shot of the alien. For everything else they used all kinds of camera manipulating techniques. For a lot of the scenes where the alien is running, they used a rod puppet composited on a blue screen. Then they later added that to a scene that had already been shot. They even tried putting a dog in an alien suit (that didn't work out). It was confusing when and where they used what technique. The rod puppet thing is probably why it looks so terrible, but the close-ups look better and have a guy in an actual suit.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,902,878 times
Well thats good to read!!!!!!! (I thought more of it was CGI)

Gracious for that Free-R!

Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,144,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Alien 5: Sigourney Weaver will reprise Ripley role in new movie, says director Neill Blomkamp - News - Films - The Independent

Once again they are ignoring everything after "Aliens" (the bad movie) in an attempt to complete the series 'properly.' IMO, what was was and they should just let it die as is.

With the original Ripley, or the half-alien clone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies