Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 10:46 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,533,623 times

Advertisements

Wait a second.
They are rebooting a movie that is only a few years old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 12:15 AM

29,536 posts, read 22,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wait a second.
They are rebooting a movie that is only a few years old?
Yup that's what they do in Hollywood.

The time between Spiderman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman reboot releases was 5 years.

The time between Silver Surfer and now this reboot is 7 years.

Think they're talking about rebooting Green Lantern. Absolutely ridiculous, but hey, if it sells tickets, who am I to judge.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:35 AM

22,961 posts, read 28,400,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Ben Grim was WHITE!
Actually, Ben is orange.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,995,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I liked the first one as well.

It had a somewhat light heart tone to it IMO, not weighed down by pretentiousness.
Sadly the Nolan movies changed comic book movies for better and worse into more serious "pretentious" comic book movies. I liked the first Fantastic 4 movie, it's the sequel where it got bad.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup that's what they do in Hollywood.

The time between Spiderman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman reboot releases was 5 years.

The time between Silver Surfer and now this reboot is 7 years.

Think they're talking about rebooting Green Lantern. Absolutely ridiculous, but hey, if it sells tickets, who am I to judge.
Green Lantern's own film wont be until 2020, 9 years. Likely the Lantern would be in both Justice League movies before that but they are still 6 years after the first Green Lantern film.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,592,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Jamie Bell, Kate Mara, Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordon... Who can't act?

Jamie Bell is white....

Any of them..What great movies have they been in? At least the old FF had people who had some had done some other then kiddie movies. My mistake on Jaime but my point still stands all the FF were white. And the invisible girl was HOTT! Now she's fugly....

Old 01-30-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Any of them..What great movies have they been in? At least the old FF had people who had some had done some other then kiddie movies. My mistake on Jaime but my point still stands all the FF were white. And the invisible girl was HOTT! Now she's fugly....
Miles Teller was in Whiplash, The Spectacular Now and That Awkward Moment as well as the Divergent film series which isn't as good. Michael B. Jordan was also in That Awkward Moment, Josh Trank's Chronicle, Red Tails and the soon to be released Rocky sequel Creed. Jamie Bell was in the Peter Jackson's King Kong and Snowpiercer. Toby Kebbell's lone good movie was Dawn of Planet of the Apes. Kate Mara's films have not been successful or good. The director Josh Trank's only film has been Chronicle and the 2018 Star Wars film.

I will say Jessica Alba looks better than Mara but beauty has nothing to do with the way Sue Storm is portrayed. Chris Evans (the future Captain America) played a good Johnny Storm. Michael Chiklis had the physical look of Ben Grim and gave humanity to The Thing. The problem is as I mentioned earlier, it came after Batman Begins (it came out about a month before Fantastic 4) which changed comic book movies from fun movies to more serious grounded into modern reality and realistic than more fantastical. If you watch this trailer, it seems MUCH more like the Batman Begins style than the fun Fantastic 4 style. This trailer looks more grounded in reality but I just don't like how they look to have done it because I feel it don't work for what the Fantastic 4 is.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:08 PM

22,961 posts, read 28,400,605 times
What do you mean Jessica Alba wasn't convincing as super smart scientist Susan Storm? Next you'll be telling me Denise Richards didn't play a convincing nuclear physicist.

Of the old two FF movies, Chris Evans was great. Silver Surfer was great. Everything else was a horrible travesty.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,081,160 times
Quote:
Any of them..What great movies have they been in?
At least the old FF had people who had some had done some other then kiddie movies.
None of them have really done "kiddie movies."

Miles Teller- Rabbit Hole, The Spectacular Now, and Whiplash.
Michael B. Jordan- Fruitvale Station, Parenthood and Friday Night Lights
Kate Mara- House of Cards, 127 Hours and Brokeback Mountain
Jamie Bell- Billy Elliot, Snowpiecer, King Kong and Flags of Our Fathers

Quote:
My mistake on Jaime but my point still stands all the FF were white.
okay..? Not really sure what your point is. Do you also think all the Avenger's movies are horrible since Nick Fury isn't white in those?

Quote:
And the invisible girl was HOTT! Now she's fugly....
Far from it. I doubt there are many straight men in America who would kick her out of their bed.

http://www.psicocine.com/wp-content/.../kate-mara.jpg

Old 01-30-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
okay..? Not really sure what your point is. Do you also think all the Avenger's movies are horrible since Nick Fury isn't white in those?
But there was a black Nick Fury in the Ultimate Universe of Marvel Comics (after originally showing up as white unless that was some life model decoy in the south so it wouldn't be targeted...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies