Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 03:55 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Went and saw it Thursday night. First flick I've been to a show house for in a spell. I especially like fantasy films like this , so we did the whole wildly, ridiculously, expensive , popcorn and soda dinner and took in the show. It was worth it. Just for the time out, plus finally seeing the Tolkien films culminate.

Judging by what I overheard, in a couple muted conversations among other patrons, purists are not pleased by these last three films. Having read the books, I sort of get it, but I can't criticize these films on that account. The movies always off the book , generally speaking. There have been a few exceptions.

At any rate, if one likes this genre of movie, its worth seeing on the big screen. Seeing all the races of Middle Earth in battle is certainly massive cool..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies