Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 10:21 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times

Advertisements

I'd doubt many of you have seen this movie or are a huge fan as I am... but no harm in asking. A question for anyone who has seen the made-for-TV movie "The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan," which starred Lindsay Wagner:

I've watched the movie many, many times. It's my all-time favorite movie. I have the DVD and have practically memorized most all the film. However, I was reading a summary the other day that mentioned a final scene of the film that I have never seen. My DVD does not include this scene (if it's really part of the movie) and of all the times I've watched the film on TV years ago, the scene was never in the film. I wonder if it really exists or if it's just a reviewer's overactive imagination.

Okay... the final scene every time I have seen the movie is one in which the husband (Alan Feinstein) is moving out of the big Victorian home that he had shared with his wife, who (he assumed in our understanding of death) died on the night the two had an argument about her trips to the past. He then discovers (well, a moving man does) several paintings hidden in a corner of the attic that confirm to him that his wife had indeed traveled back in time to the night of Dec. 31, 1899, just as she had been telling him that she had been doing up until her (bodily) death that night--he never really believed her. The paintings are of her (painted by the man she marries in the past) and their trip to Paris, portraits with children, and one of her when she is older. This is where the scene fades, with him crying, but realizing she wasn't really "dead" at that point in her life she died in the present, because she went back to the past and lived an entire life from the point where she switches times.

The reviewer states that the final scene is actually one in which he goes on to find the grave of his traveled-back-in-time wife, marked as Jenny Reynolds (Rather than Jenny Logan. David Reynolds is the man she married once she jumped to the past). He places a flower on her grave and walks away.

To me, that would be an important scene (if it were really ever filmed). If any of you have watched the movie, have you ever viewed this final scene? If so, I wonder why the producers decided to cut it? Yes, it is a touch redundant from the attic scene, but it's such a classy way to end the movie and just drives the nature of what had happened home even more.

If that scene is actually there on a specific version of the movie... which version is it??? Have any of you actually seen that ending? It's a rather obscure movie these days, and it hasn't been released in different forms as far as I know. I could never find it. I waited for years to finally get it when released on DVD. Is that scene in one of the old VHS versions or something?

Last edited by ChrisC; 10-11-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 870 times
Hi Chris C, I love this movie too and have it on dvd. I have never seen the scene mentioned either, very interesting though! If you’ve since found out more info, I’d love to know.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:34 PM

Hi,
No, I've never seen another reference to that scene. I still love the movie and watch it every once in awhile. I'd like to find an old VHS of the movie and see if that scene really exists. But... alas... I don't even have a DVD player anymore. LOL. I also wish there were a Two Worlds of Jennie Logan Fan Club like there is for Somewhere In Time (which is another great movie).

Old 03-04-2020, 10:27 AM

732 posts, read 1,045,234 times
Ahhh, The Two Worlds Of Jennie Logan, I have such fond memories. It helped pay my bills back in the old days. Let me explain.

Jennie used to be a big seller on VHS back in Ebay's early days. It came in 2 different versions. One was a big box version with the tape in a clam shell produced by USA Video. The other was a smaller, standard sized vhs tape produced by Fries Video. Both tapes would typically sell in the 50 dollar range so I always kept an eye out for it at rummage sales, pawn shops etc.

Anyway, when I listed tapes, I always checked for quality, so I would watch segments of the tape including the ending. I never saw such an ending as the OP described. As it was just a made for TV movie I doubt if there would have been an alternate ending. Sounds like the reviewer may have mixed up details of different movies.

Thanks for the memories. I haven't thought of this film for a long time. Neat little movie with the lovely Lindsey Wagner as the time traveling Jennie Logan and Marc Singer as her lover. BTW, this is currently on youtube in it's entirety for anyone interested.

Last edited by mandavaran; 03-04-2020 at 10:40 AM..

Old 03-04-2020, 04:17 PM

I suspected that the scene never existed, since it would have been shown when the movie ran on TV the first time around. Oh well, it would have made a good final scene. No complaints through, because I love the movie as is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies