Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times

Advertisements

I'll start by rewriting Psycho.

First, I would NEVER have cast John what's his name for Marion's lover. I'd pick John Saxon (a much better actor). He would have shown some anguish about Marion's death.

Otherwise, the first part of Psycho would remain the same, except that Norman Bates would tell Marion about an old girlfriend that he secretly dated for a month. "I had to keep her away from Mother. I didn't want to risk Mother getting jealous. She is sometimes a lonely bird."

Norman fell in love with the girlfriend, but then she disappeared.

Marion would still get killed. Her lover, Sam, would be distraught (but functional), and Lyla would be glad that Marion was dead (because she was secretly in love with Sam).

Somehow, all fingers would point to Lyla killing Marion. We'd still see Marion's car sinking in a lake, and a shadow of a figure would stand watching it sink. Even Detective Arbogast (sp?) would think that Lyla had her killed.

Arbogast would be stabbed by a female figure, fall down the steps, scream and die like in the movie.

Lyla would confess her love to Sam. Sam would call her crazy and threaten to call the police. Lyla would run to the Psycho house in distress. Sam would interrogate Norman while they're making beds. Norman would get annoyed and tell him to leave. Sam does, and searches the grounds for a while. He doesn't see Norman anymore. Sam then hears Marion screaming and run to the house, reach the attic, and find Norman Bates dressed as "Mother" standing over Lyla's still body.

Sam DID call the police earlier, and they arrived in time to find Sam struggling with "Mother", who's brandishing (sp?) a knife. "Mother" is Norman Bates. He drops the knife, and the wig falls off during the struggle. Then he goes catatonic, and Lyla wakes up after being nearly strangled. (I don't know why Norman didn't stab her) Sam looks at her in surprise.

The psychiatrist scene near/at the movie's conclusion would remain the same, as well as "Mother's" speech.

The End
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Scarlett and Rhett lived happily ever after!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
They live-by John Carpenter , Nada survives and leads the resistance after "They " are discovered. He goes on in a crossover to help John Connor fight the machines I. Another well known sci fi film.

The Hitcher 1980's. - Jim Halsey loses his mind after the events and begins hitchhiking and drifting the U.S. himself. He later appears to help the victims I. The Joyride film stop "Rusty Nail". He succeeds but dies after being stuck in the truck ca. After the truck goes over the cliff.

Wanted to spice it up with some crossovers. : )

Old 08-26-2013, 07:25 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Ben isn't shot, but is rescued and appears in all the sequels as the hero. NOTLD is my fav movie of all time.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM

415 posts, read 599,590 times
Man, there are gonna be a lot of spoilers in this thread.

*spoilers for the American and Only God Forgives*

George Clooney and Ryan Gosling manage to do something other than stare off into the distance with brooding faces and little dialogue for two hours. Maybe if they expressed emotions and had interesting dialogue those movies could have been worth watching.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
Thelma and Louise get new identities and live long and happy lives robbing banks somewhere tropical.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Thelma and Louise get new identities and live long and happy lives robbing banks somewhere tropical.
Yes.

And Dally doesn't die in The Outsiders.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Steven Seagal would get the crap beat out of him in all his movies, then die at the end.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 AM

415 posts, read 599,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Steven Seagal would get the crap beat out of him in all his movies, then die at the end.
Blasphemy!

Where is the negative rep button?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
If the plots and outcomes are altered, then some of the film names will also have to be changed...like..

"A Bridge At Exactly The Right Distance"

"Back With The Wind"

"Eight Men Safe"

"The Delightful Eccentricities of King George"

"Apocalypse Postponed"

"Star Trek II: The Kindness of Khan"

"The Dry Goods Store Clerk Josey Whales"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies