Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:01 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times

Advertisements

I just watched it tonight. What a piece of crap. Horrid, cartoon like acting, overblown blood and gore effects. Tons of senseless violence. I have nothing against violence or gore, if it's a decent story and is needed to tell the story (say Saving Private Ryan). This was just, well crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 AM

22,931 posts, read 28,306,592 times
I saw this on video, not the movies.

I loved it, up until the last 15 minutes. The ending was truly horrible. Just cartoonish. Very much the same reaction I had to Kill Bill, Vol. I.

Tarantino has a lot of gifts as a filmmaker, but restraint seldom seems to be one of them. Sometimes less is more, and he only seemed to understand that once: In Jackie Brown, which is still one of his best movies, and Pulp Fiction, which has some truly horrific stuff happen in the story, but very often the worst of it is left to the imagination, which makes it all the more powerful.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,174,863 times
I thought it started out strong, mostly because of Jamie Fox, but more because of Christoph Waltz (even though I think he was much better in Inglorious Basterds). I think Tarantino's biggest talent is finding great performers and casting them extremely well.

I also thought the movie slowed too much in the middle, but sprang back to life when Samuel L. Jackson showed up.

The very end though - like most Tarantino flicks was just wild unpredictable dreck. I think his movies would be much better if they didn't fall off a cliff at the very end and if he chilled on the "N" word.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,174,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
no, when samuel L. saw Leo get shot and he was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I almost died lol
It makes sense because he was his meal ticket and the conduit through which SLJ's character got ALL his power. Without him, he was absolutely a nothing who would have to ingratiate himself to whoever married the sister and took control of Candyland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies