Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,783,087 times

Advertisements

Moving Violations (1985) Original Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

Jim Varney (Ernest P Worrel) in Fast Food pt 1 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM

3,996 posts, read 5,062,520 times
My Blue Heaven - Steve Martin
What About Bob? - Bill Murray (I know it was 1990 or so but it was hilarious!)

OMG...my shelves are filled with movies from that time and my mind is drawing a blank...how annoying.

I did love Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels and Real Genius AND Joe Vs. The Volcano - I have no response to that.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 PM

30,754 posts, read 24,183,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
My Blue Heaven - Steve Martin
What About Bob? - Bill Murray (I know it was 1990 or so but it was hilarious!)

OMG...my shelves are filled with movies from that time and my mind is drawing a blank...how annoying.

I did love Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels and Real Genius AND Joe Vs. The Volcano - I have no response to that.
pphhhhahahahahhaha! I used to say that all the time! "I have no response to that." Man, you just made me giggle like a fool remembering that.

For those of you who quote all those awesome, underrated 80s movies, do you just love it when someone doesn't get what you're quoting? Cracks me up every time.

Surely you can't be serious. I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,482,423 times
Adventures in Babysitting.
Short circuit.
Big.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 AM

3,996 posts, read 5,062,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
pphhhhahahahahhaha! I used to say that all the time! "I have no response to that." Man, you just made me giggle like a fool remembering that.

For those of you who quote all those awesome, underrated 80s movies, do you just love it when someone doesn't get what you're quoting? Cracks me up every time.

Surely you can't be serious. I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
YES, YES, YES...I do love it! And I find myself quoting them frequently...

When I was younger, I used to watch older movies (my parents' movies) and always enjoyed them. As I got older, and still now, I watch all kinds of movies. What's funny to me is when younger people look at me and wonder why the heck I'm giggling and I'll say "haven't you ever seen...fill in the blank?" and they say "huh?"

That's akin to me saying "who said frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"...I'm sure I'd be ridiculed...

Ahh...love me some 80's movies though...yippee kayay, melon farmer (one of my favorite fill-ins for the naughty words..hehe)

Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,686,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Haha. Awesome. My wife and I bust out that line all the time. We actually use a lot of dialogue from JVTV in our everyday life.

When someone is talking about anything to do with employment, we use "I know he can get the job, but can he do the job?"

If someone helps me out, I occasionally say "may you live to be a thousand years old, sir."

My mom and dad recently said "so you got no clothes" to me when I was showing them some baby stuff we received.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,686,260 times
I wouldn't say a lot of the movies being listed are underrated or under the radar. Movies like Stripes, Pee Wee, Nerds, etc. are pretty well known.

How about My Science Project? (My Science Project (1985) - IMDb) Dennis Hopper ruled.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 PM

15,755 posts, read 16,015,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbia Blue View Post
You beat me to it. Used Cars is fantastic. Kurt Russell and Jack Warden are excellent in it. i was looking for a clip without foul language to post as a sampler, however outside of the opening credits I'm not sure there is one.
I don't believe in posting clips in forums, but I think possibly the funniest joke is then short bit asking the dog for a screwdriver.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:20 PM

3,730 posts, read 4,663,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Better Off Dead

Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,648,710 times
Spies Like Us
Fletch
Fletch Lives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies