Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:57 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times

Advertisements

Anyone seen Midnight in Paris?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-02-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 06:53 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Yes, it was wonderful! Can't say enough good things about it. I would never have thought that Owen Wilson would have been able to pull off this role but he was wonderful. Also enjoyed Marion Cotillard.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,675 times
Yep! It was one of my favorite movies of this summer!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Since I posted earlier we've gone and seen it. Must agree, a VERY enjoyable movie.

The period settings and costumes were awesome .... Paris in the 1920's ... Paris in the 1890's (aka La Belle Epoque).

It's marvelous escapism to see Owen Wilson meets F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Picasso, Dali, and many more.

The old French cars from the 1920's were wonderful to see, especially that one taxi which left behind a cloud of smoke everywhere it went.

Highly recommend this film to all, especially those who have a penchant for looking back to "the good old days."

Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
My son saw it *in* Paris months ago and gave it a thumbs up.

I'm dying to see it, but must be patient. Living where I now do in a one-theater town, it's a waiting game for me, I'm always 4-6 months behind.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:56 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,423,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Since I posted earlier we've gone and seen it. Must agree, a VERY enjoyable movie.

The period settings and costumes were awesome .... Paris in the 1920's ... Paris in the 1890's (aka La Belle Epoque).

It's marvelous escapism to see Owen Wilson meets F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Picasso, Dali, and many more.

The old French cars from the 1920's were wonderful to see, especially that one taxi which left behind a cloud of smoke everywhere it went.

Highly recommend this film to all, especially those who have a penchant for looking back to "the good old days."
I enjoyed the whole theme of going back in time. The scenes of Paris (especially at night) made me want to make immediate reservations on Air France! And the costumes...wow, just wow!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I enjoyed the whole theme of going back in time. The scenes of Paris (especially at night) made me want to make immediate reservations on Air France! And the costumes...wow, just wow!
I felt the same way.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:23 PM

606 posts, read 1,079,085 times
I just took a trip to Paris. It was just as beautiful and scenic as the movie.
I loved the movie! It's one of my favorite movies now. I loved the whole concept of going back in time and meeting iconic artists and writers that we admire today. When I heard about the movie first, I thought Owen Wilson was a terrible choice for this sort of movie, but he did an excellent job with it! I loved everything about the movie.
I miss Paris. I wanted to go back as soon as I got on the plane back to NY.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,452,454 times
I have seen it a few months ago and really enjoyed it

Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
Adored it.

I was very impressed that our little theater (the only one in our small town) obtained it.

I kind of saw what was coming plot-wise, but that does not matter, the main thing was the journey, and what a wonderful trip it was.

Loved figuring out who was who during the stroll down Memory Lane.

When my son called me about the movie, he had wanted to ask me what I thought of the ending. I thought it was predictable, but the right choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies